Need help getting a Disney ringtone

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
My phone was so last century-literally. I got a new one yesterday with Verizon. It slides open to a keyboard and I can now text and get voicemail. I can also put ring tones on it. (I never had a phone that did that! ) But I know nothing about getting ringtones. I went to phonezoo to look around but can't find any FAQs probably because I'm the only one who doesn't know how it works! I would love to have a Disney ringtone!

So this site is people making their own ringtones and posting them for others to use? I assume it is reliable, no viruses or anything?

How do you get the ring tones on the phone? My phone came with a usb so can be plugged in to the pc to charge but I don't know if you can drag and drop things on to the phone that way or not. I haven't tried yet.

Any other safe ringtone sites? Anything else a complete newbie should know?

Sorry, can't hope with phonezoo but just wanted to say that I heard that you got a new phone. I knew you had an old one but i didn't realize that you didn't even have voicmail until dad mentioned it last night! lol. Of course, I can't get voicemail on mine either but that's not the phone's fault. That's just because i don't know what my code is. I really need to get that fixed. Good luck finding a ring tone!

Hi! Phonezoo is safe for phones. You'll need to go on and create an account (it's free) because you need to provide your phone information and model, then select a ringtone by choosing "Send to phone". Ringtones are sent to your phone by text message, so no cables are necessary! :)

Here's what the instructions look like for my phone:

Sprint LG

1. Open the text message from Phonezoo
2. Select 'Go'
3. The browser will display the Phonezoo Ringtone Download page. Select 'Start Download'
4. You will see a message 'Warning. This is a non-trusted file.'. Ignore this warning and select 'Next'
5. The 'Download' screen will appear showing the content name and size. Select 'Next'
6. The ringtone is downloaded and saved
7. Select 'Listen' to listen to the ringtone
8. The phone will start playing the ringtone. Select 'Set As' and set the ringtone as the caller id.

NOTE: When you select a ringtone, sometimes you'll get an advertisement that asks you to enter your phone number. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "No Thanks".

Also, the ringtones are free, but texting rates still apply if your phone plan doesn't cover them.

And I've loved using Phonezoo's "create your own ringtone". I have tons of Disney music on my computer, it is totally easy to create a ringtone using exactly the 30 second snip that you want.

Sorry, can't hope with phonezoo but just wanted to say that I heard that you got a new phone. I knew you had an old one but i didn't realize that you didn't even have voicmail until dad mentioned it last night! lol. Of course, I can't get voicemail on mine either but that's not the phone's fault. That's just because i don't know what my code is. I really need to get that fixed. Good luck finding a ring tone!
The plan I had with mom and dad was from about '95. So there was no voicemail or texting with it. It also had long distance charges. We went with the Verizon prepaid and got to keep our numbers.

Hi! Phonezoo is safe for phones. You'll need to go on and create an account (it's free) because you need to provide your phone information and model, then select a ringtone by choosing "Send to phone". Ringtones are sent to your phone by text message, so no cables are necessary! :)

Here's what the instructions look like for my phone:

NOTE: When you select a ringtone, sometimes you'll get an advertisement that asks you to enter your phone number. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "No Thanks".

Also, the ringtones are free, but texting rates still apply if your phone plan doesn't cover them.
Ok, I think mine is 20 cents. I don't really plan on doing texts that often. The booklet that came with the phone is not very detailed so I'm still trying to figure things out. Ringtones from their "store" are $3! I can see .99, but $3?!

And I've loved using Phonezoo's "create your own ringtone". I have tons of Disney music on my computer, it is totally easy to create a ringtone using exactly the 30 second snip that you want.

I'd love to do that too. Do you have to post those on the site for everyone or can you just make your own?

Hiya again! I see that you can download the ringtone directly to your PC. This might be a way to bypass the texting charges. :) (my plan has 'everything' so I just opt for texting - it's faster.)

Ok, I'll try seeing if my phone will hook up properly to the PC. That's what I was thinking too, but I don't know if they made the phone to work that way. :confused3 I'll try it later. Going to the gym now. Have to get in shape for all that walking at DLR. :)

Ok, I'll try seeing if my phone will hook up properly to the PC. That's what I was thinking too, but I don't know if they made the phone to work that way. :confused3 I'll try it later. Going to the gym now. Have to get in shape for all that walking at DLR. :)

If both your PC and phone take SD (or SD micro) cards, then you can transfer the files that way. My phone takes SD micro and my PC takes SD, so I just put the micro card in an SD adapter (these come with the micro cards) and then plug it into my computer and play. :)

No, there is no SC card, unfortunately. There are not a lot of choices for prepaid phones. I picked the best one.

Ok, I did it. I now have a POTC and a Teacup ringtone. I had to have it sent to the phone. It just didn't work any other way. Hopefully, they don't send me a bunch of stuff.

YAY I'm glad you figured it out!! What kind of phone did you get?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter