Need Help for DVC Stay in November

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
We have our annual DVC Stay at BWV 11/4-11/14........but our AP's expired, so we are obviously not able to book any parks yet. I'm having a hard time spending $2k on AP's until I see how everything goes with the initial opening. Now with this park reservation system--am I going to be even able to reserve anything closer to our arrival date, if I wait to buy AP's??? I just figured to wait until maybe late-summer--buy the AP's--and then book our parks. Not sure if that is going to be available the way I see this park reservation system going today.

Any advice/input is appreciated!

We have our annual DVC Stay at BWV 11/4-11/14........but our AP's expired, so we are obviously not able to book any parks yet. I'm having a hard time spending $2k on AP's until I see how everything goes with the initial opening. Now with this park reservation system--am I going to be even able to reserve anything closer to our arrival date, if I wait to buy AP's??? I just figured to wait until maybe late-summer--buy the AP's--and then book our parks. Not sure if that is going to be available the way I see this park reservation system going today.

Any advice/input is appreciated!

We can't decide what to do either. We rented DVC, booked for Jan 2021. Haven't bought our $2k tickets yet.

We're basically being made to lay out the ticket money now so we have a better chance of even getting in the parks but have no idea what's going to happen next winter between FL possibly quarantining NJ again, case rates during flu season, and park experience at that point. We've already lost a ton of money thru this pandemic. I've been considerate of the tight position businesses are in over all this, but it looks like my trip falls to the bottom of their concerns.

I have to cough up the money now and take a huge gamble otherwise I can throw the money I spent on DVC rental goodbye. Do I really want to double down on my bet right now? Not really but I'm not given any other choice.

I feel like this is horrible and you have a huge right to be VERY UPSET!!!! I have October 2020 and only have 1 pass so cannot make park reservations for my other 4 family members. WE ARE DVC MEMBERS STAYING ON SITE, yet cannot make park reservations. The fact that ANY person with an on site reservation at a DISNEY hotel would be denied entry to parks is HORRIBLE.

Its even worse for us because we made the reservation with points moved from a canceled covid trip and made the reservation AFTER park tickets were not being sold! How can DVC allow this reservation to be made but deny DVC members ticket sales or park reservations. It is flat out wrong.

I feel like this is horrible and you have a huge right to be VERY UPSET!!!! I have October 2020 and only have 1 pass so cannot make park reservations for my other 4 family members. WE ARE DVC MEMBERS STAYING ON SITE, yet cannot make park reservations. The fact that ANY person with an on site reservation at a DISNEY hotel would be denied entry to parks is HORRIBLE.

Its even worse for us because we made the reservation with points moved from a canceled covid trip and made the reservation AFTER park tickets were not being sold! How can DVC allow this reservation to be made but deny DVC members ticket sales or park reservations. It is flat out wrong.

Just be aware that DVC doesn’t control what the parks division does and it was them that decided not to sell any more 2020 tickets because they weren’t sure if too many were already sold.

Frustrating and because of the capacity limits people will have to potentially upfront for tickets sooner.

For 2021 those sales start the 24th of June. But 2020 not until later but some are hoping in about mid to late July.

Wait...you can't buy tickets, or you can't buy AP's????? This is the first I'm hearing this.........

I'm REALLY trying to keep in mind there are people with worse problems than deciding to take a $5k vacation--LOL--but I agree this is a tough decision, and basically you are hedging your bets. I do agree with you that DVC and/or Reservation Guests SHOULD be able to access the Reservation System--as I'm sure Disney knows that 99.9% of the people staying have absolute plans to visit the parks. I thought I read that a few weeks ago, which I why I haven't been worried about getting tickets until now.

Wait...you can't buy tickets, or you can't buy AP's????? This is the first I'm hearing this.........
From what I understand (and keep in mind I'm very confused), tickets sales have been paused, ticket park reservations are on a schedule opening this week for those who already have tickets or APs.

Today people with tickets or APs and onsite resort stays can use the park reservation system.
June 26th will open that system up to AP holders who are not booked onsite, and
June 28 everybody else with a ticket can use the system up to Sept 26, 2021 (this was part of my confusion as DH said he read it was Sept 2020 on WDW site when we discussed our options).

Good luck with your trip! What bothers about our trip over 6 months out is the fear that not wading through the minutia of details as they are released will cost us.

Last edited:
DH and I are right now discussing what we should do because we have a non-refundable DVC stay but no tixx yet. First we need to wait for when tickets go back on sale, then decide if want to put out the money this far in advance while so much is uncertain, or wait and potentially not be able to get into the parks because capacity has already been reserved.

Looks like your situation is similar. On the brightside, DH seems to be holding hope that demand doesn't outpace availability because so many less people will be traveling to WDW over the next 6 months or longer.

DH and I are right now discussing what we should do because we have a non-refundable DVC stay but no tixx yet. First we need to wait for when tickets go back on sale, then decide if want to put out the money this far in advance while so much is uncertain, or wait and potentially not be able to get into the parks because capacity has already been reserved.

Looks like your situation is similar. On the brightside, DH seems to be holding hope that demand doesn't outpace availability because so many less people will be traveling to WDW over the next 6 months or longer.

That is the exact same situation we are in.......from what I hear, overall attendance is down at Universal (we had friends there this past week), so hopefully that carries to Disney too. I tend to agree with your husband that most people will wait until all controls are lifted before visiting. I think most visitors the next several months are going to be die-hards--who already experienced Disney, and don't necessarily need to see 'everything'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter