Need help figuring out how to forward conversations (forwarding PM's)

ShiPooOwner

Fan of WDW now and forever!
Help!!!! I used to be able to forward a PM to another DISboards member. I run a coupon train on DIS on the Budget Board and when new people join our train, it's crucial that I am able to forward the rules about our operation. However, now I can't figure out how to forward a conversation (PM). Can someone explain how I can do this or if it can't be done anymore?

Help!!!! I used to be able to forward a PM to another DISboards member. I run a coupon train on DIS on the Budget Board and when new people join our train, it's crucial that I am able to forward the rules about our operation. However, now I can't figure out how to forward a conversation (PM). Can someone explain how I can do this or if it can't be done anymore?
I haven't been able to figure out how to FWD PMs either.

I'm not sure about "old" PMs from prior to the conversion, you may need to copy/paste it to start fresh. For conversations started under the new system you can "invite more" to participate in a conversation; this is located on the right-hand side of the screen when you are viewing the conversation. However, there might be a maximum number of participants, so you may need to periodically restart it fresh; I'm not certain on that.

Click on the message that you want to send to someone else.
Look off to the right
upload_2015-2-10_8-47-20.png

You can Invite More
Add the person's name
type a message and the whole conversation goes to them.

If you want to do without adding them to an existing conversation you'll need to use copy+paste.

I tried to start a conversation, but I got an error message telling me that I can't start a conversation with that person. Are there restrictions?

It's possible the other person has restricted from whom they wish to receive conversations to just those they "follow." In that case, you would get an error message that you are unable to start a conversation with the person. You do have the option of posting a profile message on their profile, but please recognize that is public for anyone to see (so you probably don't want to share personal details that way).

I'm getting the same message when I try to start a conversation with two people whom I'm sure haven't even checked in on DIS since the new system began. So frustrating! I miss the old system. I know change is hard but this is too hard and too frustrating.

You can try @Tagging them in a message (in public) to see if that alerts them and have them check their PM settings.

Some day we'll be telling our grandchildren "Remember the big board move of 2015?" :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter