• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help deciding...

Lily13

Earning My Ears
First time going as a family to WDW! It will be myself, my husband, and our 5 year old little boy. I have read mixed reviews about Chef Mickey's, we are primarily going for the character interaction for our little guy. So would you choose breakfast or lunch for Chef Mickey's? Thank you! :)

Breakfast would probably be my choice as well for Chef Mickey's. If character interaction is most important you might want to consider Garden Grill at Epcot. The set up gives you a much more one on one type feeling with the characters. We had really great interaction there and with the family style service much less hectic

I don't know, we like Chef Mickey's. When we have little ones along we generally try to have our arrival night dinner at CM. It really kicks our trip off nicely.

I agree that GG is a great option as well. It is one of our favorites.

We did brunch at Chef Mickeys and really enjoyed it! I would definitely do it again. We are sticking to 1 breakfast adr per trip so this last trip we did GG and enjoyed it as well. Our next trip we are heading to Ohana. I find with a buffet or family type meal everyone can find something to eat and to fill them up. Just don't expect gourmet food. Lol

Garden Grill had the absolute best character interaction. And my kids thought the rotating restaurant thing was super cool. Plus the food was good.

Chef Mickeys was fun - not hugely memorable for us. Food was decent, atmosphere fun (but hectic like someone else said). I did it because it had the Fab 5 (none of the others did) and my kids had their heart set on meeting Goofy. And I love Minnie :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter