Need help deciding on grocery delivery - Please share your tips!

ALittleWhistle

Mouseketeer
We are toying with the idea of grocery delivery during our stay at Pop Century in September. I have read bits and pieces about Garden Grocer, Amazon, Publix, etc., and I'm kind of overwhelmed at the options and I want to be as thrifty as possible. Any recommendations/information is appreciated!

Amazon - There is Fresh, Pantry, and Launchpad. I don't know how they're different. Which one would be appropriate? Are there added delivery fees? I assuming you have to get Amazon Prime, which we don't have because we live in the boondocks with terrible satellite internet.

Garden Grocer - I don't want to create an account just to see delivery fees. Anyone have any info on this?

There's a company called Goodings that delivers with a $50 minimum and they charge a $25 delivery fee. Is that a good indication at how much delivery typically costs?

I do have Amazon Prime so I was able to use Prime Now which has a two hour delivery window. I like it so much! We stayed at Pop in January and I placed my order the night before, selecting a delivery window when I expected to be checking in. It worked out so well that I used Prime Now two days later to order leggings for the unexpectedly cold weather while we were there. Prime Now is free delivery with a $35.00 order

Our only experience is with Garden Grocer. I believe the delivery fee was $14 a few years ago. The pricing for items was a bit higher than going to Publix or somewhere on your own but worth it to us. If we decide to order groceries for this year’s trip, we will use them again.

Garden grocer is $14 charge. We have been using them for 11 years. Always good service. So I stay with them.

Same here and just need milk for the grandkids, is there an easier way? Half tempted just to go to the gas station by Disney Springs to get it.

I used Safeway a few years ago and they did fine. Price seemed reasonable at the time.

This past trip, I used Shipt to deliver groceries from Publix. I use them at home so I'm already paid as far as any delivery fees. I just had to change the location of the delivery. It worked great!

The reason that I personally didn't use Amazon was that the items that I wanted they did not carry.

Prime pantry has dry goods in addition to perishables like milk and such. We really liked it - free delivery and all that and the hotel puts the bags, which come in brown grocery bags, in the fridge for you. But yes, you'd have to pay the $100 or whatever for Prime, which wouldn't be worth it if this is the only time you use it.

Edit: I mean Prime Now, not Prime Pantry.

Last edited:
I’ve used garden grocer in the past. No complaints except that their prices are a bit high. On my most recent trip I used Safeway and they were great too and cheaper.

Prime pantry has dry goods in addition to perishables like milk and such. We really liked it - free delivery and all that and the hotel puts the bags, which come in brown grocery bags, in the fridge for you. But yes, you'd have to pay the $100 or whatever for Prime, which wouldn't be worth it if this is the only time you use it.

There is a difference between Amazon's Prime Pantry and Prime Now.

My understanding is that Prime Now delivers to Bell Services. You can only place your order about a day ahead and you will be limited to the items they have available.

From the Amazon website regarding Prime Pantry: Due to their size and weight, Prime Pantry boxes are shipped via ground shipping. Orders may take 1-4 business days to arrive.

If you go to amazon.com and click on Try Prime, it says that there is a 30-day free trial.

I used Safeway at Pop in January and couldn’t have been more pleased. I ordered for our family of 9, mostly water, snacks, some milk and cream for coffee etc. Prices were comparable to my local grocery store.

I didn’t order alcohol because I didn’t want to be tied down to being there at delivery. As it was our plane was late, so they left everything with bell services who delivered it to our room. The driver sent me a text telling how many bags to expect.

I’d definitely use them again.

Garden Grocer has their delivery prices on the FAQ page of their website. You do not have to login to see this page. They are a great service. Used three times, and I highly recommend. $14 delivery charge unless order is over $200, then the delivery charge is free. Order 60 days in advance and get a 10% discount code 10for60. Note there is a restocking fee if you cancel within three days of scheduled delivery.

Last edited:
2 years ago we used prime pantry. The only issue we found was that you had to order the right number of days in advance to make sure it didn’t get there before you but also didn’t get there after you’d been there a few days because we had ordered our breakfast foods. It worked out but I did have to call and find out exactly what shipping times would be to our resort.

This year we will use prime now, which is much more convenient and provides the option to get fruit and milk as well as pop tarts and goldfish crackers. We like to have breakfast while we get the kids ready and then head out and bring some snacks for the kids when we are stuck in a line. But it’s too weighty to fly the stuff with us, so prime not is perfect. Shipping is free and we can choose a 2 hour window. However, we of course have prime so that would be an additional cost for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter