Need help choosing a resort (or few)

Jayunit09

Mouseketeer
Taking the kids down from New Hampshire for a long weekend September 26-29 for the Halloween party since they are still obsessed with Halloween.

Currently have our home resort at Copper Creek booked in a 1 bedroom. This entire trip will be about the swimming pool and Halloween party. Not worried about other parks as we will be back for a full week in December at Copper Creek.

Any suggestions on best resort in a 1 bedroom and pool for kiddos that will be 8 and 4? I know sept is hard for a few but will try my best to get our top choices. Thank You!

In b4 people claim BCV. BCV is such a large pool complex it's rough to deal with two kids who may be drastically different heights and abilities.

I like the Lodge pools, but if you want to spin off some, Poly has a splash pad near the main pool which makes monitoring two kids easier. BLT's pools are boring, so skip that. Saratoga's feature pools are a gem for those ages. And AKV's pools are very fun, IMO.

I love the pools at the WL - I'll be at CCV from the 23rd - 28th of September, moving over from the Poly! May see you there! I know people are going to suggest the BC, but with an 8 year old and a 4 year old, Stormalong Bay might be challenging. Both parents will have to be with them and watching constantly, since it's not a traditional pool (at BC). And there is a lot going on, A LOT. Supposedly the pools at AKL are good for kids, a good splash pad. I can't speak to it because I haven't stayed there in a long time.

In b4 people claim BCV. BCV is such a large pool complex it's rough to deal with two kids who may be drastically different heights and abilities.

I like the Lodge pools, but if you want to spin off some, Poly has a splash pad near the main pool which makes monitoring two kids easier. BLT's pools are boring, so skip that. Saratoga's feature pools are a gem for those ages. And AKV's pools are very fun, IMO.
Great minds think alike! 🤣

Well, CCV has the two pools, which seem to be pretty nice. However, SSR has four pools, two of which have slides, and two splash pads, so that might win.

We did love the AKL pool and splash pad when we had our first DVC stay last year.

Only reason I’m looking at beach club is there will be two adults to watch each kid. My wife is debating doing Epcot if we get into BCV. I hadn’t thought of Saratoga. That has the pull down bed under the TV too right?

Only reason I’m thinking of moving from CCV is we are new owners and I’d like to stay at other properties. We are booked for 12/7-14 at CCV for Xmas, the reason we bought there.

We did love the AKL pool and splash pad when we had our first DVC stay last year.

Only reason I’m looking at beach club is there will be two adults to watch each kid. My wife is debating doing Epcot if we get into BCV. I hadn’t thought of Saratoga. That has the pull down bed under the TV too right?
In the 1BR, yes, SSR does have the twin Murphy as well as the queen Murphy.

Let me add that you can try for BCV, of course, but you’ll be going at the start of Fall Frenzy, so BCV will be more difficult to book than SSR or AKV.

Maybe the Poly? Though it would be a studio. They are large and have the split bathroom.

In the 1BR, yes, SSR does have the twin Murphy as well as the queen Murphy.

Let me add that you can try for BCV, of course, but you’ll be going at the start of Fall Frenzy, so BCV will be more difficult to book than SSR or AKV.
I am fully okay with staying at either of those so there will be no disappointment at all!

I think the extra pull down bed for the 4 year old might be worth a lot too..

I am fully okay with staying at either of those so there will be no disappointment at all!

I think the extra pull down bed for the 4 year old might be worth a lot too..
The 1BR at Kidani doesn’t have any Murphy beds, but in the living room is both a queen sleeper sofa and a twin sleeper chair, so separate spaces for both kids. And the Kidani 1BR has two full bathrooms while SSR has only one. (AKV Jambo has neither the sleeper chair nor the second bath, and the single bathroom it does have is not en-suite to the bedroom, BTW.)

For a shorter trip how important is the 1BR? I’d consider saving a few points and trying Poly. Might be a good opportunity to experience if it’s something you’d always skip on longer trips that need the 1BR.

The splashpad is supercool, probably enough to keep kids of both ages occupied for a while. There’s the volcano pool and the oasis pool, and hot tubs - you can’t beat relaxing in a hottub looking at MK! Great view to watch MK fireworks each night, and see ELP. Large selection of food and shopping, plus at nearby monorail resorts.

I might be a bit biased after becoming a huge fan on our last trip (second stay at Poly). The room is a great size for studio and we couldn’t get enough relaxing in the rainfall shower. 2 separate shower rooms makes bath time easy. The feeling at the resort is hard to describe. It’s just really cohesive with fun stuff for all ages. Very memorable!

Have you considered Riviera? It’s our favorite 1-bedroom on property, and the splash pad and main pool are right next to each other. Plus you have the Skyliner for extra “rides” if the kiddos would like that.

Yes, Saratoga has a Murphy in studio along with a twin Murphy in most 1 bedrooms. The feature pools are close to each other and the quiet pool at Congress Park is incredible across from Disney Springs.
Jambo pool is awesome! Looking forward to seeing the Kidani pool in May.

… (AKV Jambo has neither the sleeper chair nor the second bath, and the single bathroom it does have is not en-suite to the bedroom, BTW.)
The standard & savanna view 1 br.s in Jambo do have the single bed sleeper chair - the value 1 br.s do not have them, though. I’m actually hoping they keep the sleeper chair in the 2025 refurb rather than put in those under the TV singles because the sleep surface w/ the chair seems bigger than those TV pull downs to me.
Kidani's extra bathroom & bathroom design is definitely superior to Jambo’s.

If you’re mainly doing the Halloween party and pool, I may chose Saratoga. The refurbed rooms are nice, having a separate sleeping area for each kid is also nice, they have a bunch of pools to mix it up including 2 feature pools each with a slide and and a splash pad plus a 3rd pool with a splash pad. My kids also like the community hall for something different. Finally the rooms are pretty point friendly, so you have more points to work with for future trips. Enjoy!

For a shorter trip how important is the 1BR? I’d consider saving a few points and trying Poly. Might be a good opportunity to experience if it’s something you’d always skip on longer trips that need the 1BR.

The splashpad is supercool, probably enough to keep kids of both ages occupied for a while. There’s the volcano pool and the oasis pool, and hot tubs - you can’t beat relaxing in a hottub looking at MK! Great view to watch MK fireworks each night, and see ELP. Large selection of food and shopping, plus at nearby monorail resorts.

I might be a bit biased after becoming a huge fan on our last trip (second stay at Poly). The room is a great size for studio and we couldn’t get enough relaxing in the rainfall shower. 2 separate shower rooms makes bath time easy. The feeling at the resort is hard to describe. It’s just really cohesive with fun stuff for all ages. Very memorable!
These are very good points!! CCV 1 Br is the second smallest only ahead of Jambo Value where as Poly is the largest at WDW with only HHI having a bigger studio.

It would have 3 sleeping surfaces (queen, queen Murphy, Twin Murphy)

My feet don’t like the rocks in the nice shower but with Poly you have 2 showers so it is not an issue.

The hot tub is very similar to one at Aulani I can’t remember what they call them maybe Infinity edge? Anyway it is a great resort and this coming from a 1 bedroom family.

Forgot to add you won’t have to wait on a bus or Minnie Van. Just take the express monorail and walk home from the TTC after MNSSHP or take the grand Flo / Poly boat as it is very relaxing.

Another vote for Poly if you are ok with a studio since it's only a long weekend. The pools are great and the larger kids splash pad is awesome. The DVC buildings are also close to the TTC, so you can just hop on the monorail to go over to Epcot (that way you don't have to transfer). If I was going down just for the party then I'd want to be as close to MK as possible. If you def. want a 1 bedroom then I'd look at GF.

The standard & savanna view 1 br.s in Jambo do have the single bed sleeper chair - the value 1 br.s do not have them, though. I’m actually hoping they keep the sleeper chair in the 2025 refurb rather than put in those under the TV singles because the sleep surface w/ the chair seems bigger than those TV pull downs to me.
Kidani's extra bathroom & bathroom design is definitely superior to Jambo’s.
My teen daughter said the TV single in Saratoga is more comfortable than the queen Murphy bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter