• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need good dining suggestion for group of 10-11

4kidsandadog

Disney Mom
We are going in January (making ADRs in 1 week!). Our trip is a combination honeymoon (daughter getting married at midnight New Year's) and family trip, with both sets of parents and 3 siblings along (plus daughter's little girl, turning 4 in the middle of our stay). Son-in-law's parents want to treat everyone to a meal. We are DVC members, planning on getting TIW so we can use the 20% discount and let folks pay us back. We were thinking of doing the luau at the Poly, but the logistics of that seems a bit of a nightmare, since we'd have to pay for that upfront now and not get the discount till we got there. We haven't ruled it out, but are looking for other options. Nothing super fancy (I call them "Food Network" restaurants... where most of us haven't a clue what half of the stuff on the plate is). We are already doing Le Cellier earlier in the stay (forgot to mention we are planning this for the Friday night of our trip... the 13th). Other big dinners we already have in our plans are Boma our last night (we are staying at AKV) and 1900 Park Fare.

Thanks!!

We have always found Via Napoli to be great for large parties but depending on where you are staying and whether or not you want a resort or park dining experience, that recommendation might be different.

We have a group of 11 and have had great luck with seating at Ohana, Mama Melrose, Via Napoli, Boma, Cape May... I know there's more. At other restaurants, we have to split into two groups in order to make reservations. Not a big deal, though I do with theirs were more that could easily accommodate us.

I feel like Artist's Point has a menu that can be adventurous or safe, plus they are never too crowded and the floorplan seems like it could fit a large table in somewhere. I like the ambiance there, fairly quiet and you get a view of the outdoors resort area if I remember correctly. We always enjoy the lobby area of WL so we make a trip there just to have a meal most trips.

If you are interested in the luau, but don't like the logistics, I would do O'hana instead! The food is good and plentiful and the entertainment is fun. They also recognize special occastions so will recognize everyone in your party celebrating something.

We have always found Via Napoli to be great for large parties but depending on where you are staying and whether or not you want a resort or park dining experience, that recommendation might be different.

Via Napoli was not a hit with us last trip, so we are trying Tutto Italia this round.

We have a group of 11 and have had great luck with seating at Ohana, Mama Melrose, Via Napoli, Boma, Cape May... I know there's more. At other restaurants, we have to split into two groups in order to make reservations. Not a big deal, though I do with theirs were more that could easily accommodate us.

Doing an Ohana breakfast already, and Boma our last night!

Another vote for Ohana, or what about Biergarten

Yup, we are trying Biergarten for the first time on this trip.

Artists point or Cali grill. The Boathouse is also good but doesn't take TIW but does take DVC card.

I feel like Artist's Point has a menu that can be adventurous or safe, plus they are never too crowded and the floorplan seems like it could fit a large table in somewhere. I like the ambiance there, fairly quiet and you get a view of the outdoors resort area if I remember correctly. We always enjoy the lobby area of WL so we make a trip there just to have a meal most trips.

If you are interested in the luau, but don't like the logistics, I would do O'hana instead! The food is good and plentiful and the entertainment is fun. They also recognize special occastions so will recognize everyone in your party celebrating something.

Artist's Point is a possibility.... California Grill is too Food Network for me (LOL). Personally, I would love to do Ohana for dinner. It's one of my favorites. I have to bow to the bride and groom, and the groom is kind of a foodie (he was also excited about the luau because of the free alcoholic beverages... ah, youth).

Appreciate all your suggestions. You're confirming some of the choices we've already made, so that is great! I just need to pin them down on that one dinner.

:thanks:

I hear Rose and Crown can accommodate big parties. ;)

We loved Rose and Crown, Raglan Road, Whispering Canyon and Mama Melrose, all of which should be good for a big group.

My immediate thoughts were OHANA and Boma, and although I do not remember seeing large groups, I believe Captain's Grille and Tokyo Dining might be good choices for your group. Crystal Palace might be fun, as well.

Thanks for all the great replies. I realize I didn't come back with our final choice. We decided to keep the luau for Friday night. Wasn't such a big deal figuring out how we'd handle the transferring of funds between groom's family and us. I think because our trip is in January, I didn't have one problem getting the meals we were looking for. I would have preferred some slightly earlier breakfast times (wasn't able to get the 4yo's' birthday breakfast at Hollywood and Vine before park open... 9:05 instead; Crystal Palace is 8:25 instead of earlier), but other than that, booking was a breeze. I had a laptop open and my desktop and managed to book all but one meal by 30 minutes after booking opened. I had to call for one lunch reservation because of the size of our party, and that was easy-peasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter