• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Feedback on Westgate Villas!!!!

parkert_75075

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney next month, and I got a great deal so this will be our spot for a week. Just curious on how nice the resort is. We have never been to Florida before and we juggled the idea of staying on or off of Disney property..Good or bad please respond~ Thanks!!!!

My father is an owner at Westgate Villas. We stay there every year. I love Westgate, the condos are very nice, as is the property. There are several pools on the property, so each block of condos have their own pool, although you can go to any pool you choose. They have a lot of activities on site, especially for children, scheduled daily. They also have free bike rentals. They have a Pizza Hut on site, which even delivers to the pool. I think you will enjoy your stay there.

Have Fun!!

Your very welcome. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you.
We just returned from Westgate on 8/18/01, everything was great while we were there.

I just pulled some earlier dates and read a horror story about the Villas. I know not evryone's experience is this bad. But she had mentioned the her villa was "far away". Can you help me understand or give me an idea of which villa to ask for? Another lady mentioned that her patio faced the lake and that it was very nice.

I'm not really sure what she means by "Far away". The villa we use is in the HH building, it is an end unit, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and loft. This is the only unit I have stayed in so I don't know about any others.

We just returned from there. We really liked it. I too was nervous after reading many negative comments and I had even tried to change our exchange. We were in an older unit(S) but it was huge and very clean and well stocked. We loved the pool(2) and never made it to the other ones. We used the paddle boats and the girls had their hair wrapped. We wnt to the "maintenance" talk even though I knew it would be a sales pitch. It was a breakfast one and they really did not try too hard to sell us anything. Please let me know if you have any other questions and Have Fun!!! oh yea, also use the shortcut to get to Disney.

Thanks Laurieny and Karl335 for all of your help.. I just want everything to be perfect when we go. This will be our first visit to Disney and I have just been stressing out!! Wish me luck!

We also stayed there 2 years ago. Our Villa was VERY nice!! Close to enterance of resort, HUGE and clean. We had a balcony over looking the lake and it was wonderful. One piece of friendly advice, they will beg you to attend the "maitenance meeting. Avoid this at all cost! Its a sales pitch that will take time out from your busy schedule. We just blew them off and told them to give us a call in a few days. We were never in the unit, hence never got the call! Oh, by the way, Westgate is very, very close to WDW. Have a great time!

I WAS IN ORLANDO AUGUST 22-28, 2001. MY GIRLFRIEND WENT TO THE WESTGATE LAKE VILLA TIMESHARE PRESENTATION. I DIDN'T WANT TO GO BECAUSE I WANTED TO GET INTO THE PARK EARLY. WELL SHE BOUGHT ONE. SHE GOT A 2 BEDROOM, 2 BATH FOR 14,000.00 DOLLARS. THEIR FINANCING WAS 17%. MY OTHER GIRLFRIEND WENT TOO. THEY OFFERED HER A 1 BEDROOM FOR 7,000.00. HER PAYMENT WAS GOING TO BE 104.00 A MONTH. SHE HAD TO TALK IT OVER WITH HER HUSBAND SO SHE DIDN'T GET IT. BUT, MY OTHER GIRLFRIEND GAVE THEM A HUNDRED DOLLARS TO HOLD THE PRICE. AND SHE'S GOING TO FINANCE IT THROUGH HER BANK. WESTGATE GAVE HER 90 DAYS TO DO THIS. THEY GAVE HER THE DEED. AND ALL THE OTHER INFORMATION. THEY ANNOUNCED OVER THE LOUD SPEAKER SHE WAS A NEW OWNER AND EVERYONE CLAPPED. PEOPLE WERE IN THERE BUYING UP TIMESHARES LIKE CRAZY. NO CREDIT CHECK OR ANYTHING.

WELL THE NEXT MORNING SHE WAS INVITED BACK FOR BREAKFAST AND SHE COULD BRING UP TO 8 FRIENDS OF COURSE I WENT. SHE WAS SO EXCITED FOR ME TO SEE HER VILLA. WELL WE ATE BREAKFAST. AND THEY GAVE US THE TOUR. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE. THE VILLAS ARE HUGE. THERE IS A KING SIZE BED AND A JACUZZI (BIG ENOUGH FOR 2) WITH COLUMNS JUST LIKE IN THE ROMAN ERA. A WALK IN SHOWER BIG ENOUGH FOR 2. THE LIVING ROOM HAD A 52 INCH TV A LEATHER SECTIONAL WITH SOFA BED. (VILLA SLEEPS 8 PEOPLE) THE OTHER BEDROOM HAD 2 DOUBLE BEDS AND A SEPERATE BATHROOM. A SCREENED IN PATIO OFF THE MASTER BEDROOM AND THE LIVING ROOM WITH LOUNGE CHAIRS AND TABLE. I AM BUYING ONE NEXT YEAR. MY HUSBAND AND I ARE COMING BACK WITH HER NEXT YEAR. I CAME HOME AND TOLD HIM ABOUT. HE SAW MY EXPRESSION WHEN I WAS TELLING HIM ABOUT THE PROPERTY AND SAID IF IT'S IN THE BUDGET, SURE. (I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE IT'S IN THE BUDGET) I DEFINITELY WANT A LAKE VIEW. IT WAS SO PEACEFUL. THERE WERE DUCKS IN THE POND. I STOPPED 2 PEOPLE WHO HAD TIMESHARES THERE AND ASKED THEM HOW THEY LIKED IT. AND ANY OTHER QUESTION THAT CAME TO MIND. ALSO, WESTGATE LAKES AND ORANGELAKE IS ABOUT TO MERGE.

ALSO YOU CAN GO ANYPLACE IN THE WORLD THEY HAVE OVER 3,000 RESORTS WORLDWIDE. YOU CAN ALSO EXCHANGE IT FOR A CRUISE.

ALL I CAN SAY IS WRITE DOWN ALL YOUR QUESTIONS NOW SO YOU WON'T FORGET ANYTHING.

GOOD LUCK

Before you buy, look at buying a resale. You can get one much cheaper than buying from the develope. I bought a 2 bedroom with loft at the Villas (I think you are looking at the lakes) for $4,500.

We stayed at Westgate Villas over Thanksgiving and had a horrid experience. If you do a search and look for Nov/Dec of 2000 you will see my report. That being said--if you got a special rate in exchange for a timeshare presentation they are probably going to treat you very well--because they want you to buy. A word about resales---the unit described above (roman columns, etc.) is part of the newest section at Westgate Vilas--Town Center. If you buy a resale you may NOT be getting the Town Center section. Also--even if you own at Town Center (which one of our party did) when you do an exchange they may try to put you in the old ratty units (which they also tried to do to them). We've owned timeshares and exchanged into the Orlando area for over ten years--we will NEVER stay at Westgate VILLAS again and tell everyone we know not to.

Thanks again for all of your comments!! As of right now we are not interested in buying at all, it just looked like a VERY nice place to unwind after a long busy day. I will keep all of your ideas and suggestions in mind for when I go the presentation~ Thanks alot! My main concern was "how nice was the property since they offered me such a good deal". I guess we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter