Need Fastpass help not staying on-site

tjay

Earning My Ears
We are getting are tickets through AAA so we won't have the cool bracelets, can we still use fastpass the old fashioned way or are the stations no longer at the parks. Do I need to book on line like with the bracelets or am I not able to use fast pass at all?

We are getting are tickets through AAA so we won't have the cool bracelets, can we still use fastpass the old fashioned way or are the stations no longer at the parks. Do I need to book on line like with the bracelets or am I not able to use fast pass at all?

They no longer have paper fast pass. Its the day of at Kiosks or at 30 days out, off site guests can make FP+ with a linked ticket. Once you have AAA tickets, you link them in My Disney Experience MDE app or web site and make them that way. You can change and make them any time after 30 days but the popular FP are harder to get.

Answers to these and other FP FAQs can be found in the green link in my signature. Cool bracelets can be purchased in the parks.

Answers to these and other FP FAQs can be found in the green link in my signature. Cool bracelets can be purchased in the parks.

I have a question that I didn't see covered on your helpful post. I'll ask here and maybe you or someone else can answer it. Here's the scenario.

If one person has a non expiring ticket that they are planning to use on a short trip and may be attending with a friend that cannot get to buy their ticket until we arrive, (off-site stay) will it be necessary to wait until we arrive to get Fastpasses that are identical. Or can the one with a current ticket make reservations 30 days out and connect the new ticket to that plan at the time of arrival?

I hope I explained that clearly... if not I apologize!

I have a question that I didn't see covered on your helpful post. I'll ask here and maybe you or someone else can answer it. Here's the scenario.

If one person has a non expiring ticket that they are planning to use on a short trip and may be attending with a friend that cannot get to buy their ticket until we arrive, (off-site stay) will it be necessary to wait until we arrive to get Fastpasses that are identical. Or can the one with a current ticket make reservations 30 days out and connect the new ticket to that plan at the time of arrival?

I hope I explained that clearly... if not I apologize!

The person with the ticket can make reservations 30 days in advance. The person without a ticket will not be able to make reservations in advance. Once there, when the ticket is added to MDE, you may be able to get the same FP times for the new ticket, but that is entirely dependent upon whether or not there is still availability at the specific time for the attraction. It works the same as it does if I try the same thing today- I can try to copy my A&E and 7DMT to my husband, but if there are no open slots I won't be able to do it.

The person with the ticket can make reservations 30 days in advance. The person without a ticket will not be able to make reservations in advance. Once there, when the ticket is added to MDE, you may be able to get the same FP times for the new ticket, but that is entirely dependent upon whether or not there is still availability at the specific time for the attraction. It works the same as it does if I try the same thing today- I can try to copy my A&E and 7DMT to my husband, but if there are no open slots I won't be able to do it.

Thanks for the information. To carry it a step further, under those circumstances, would it be just as effective to wait and make them together upon arrival or would the odds be better to reserve early and try and connect them upon arrival. Times are not as important as actually riding the ride at the same time.

They no longer have paper fast pass. Its the day of at Kiosks or at 30 days out, off site guests can make FP+ with a linked ticket. Once you have AAA tickets, you link them in My Disney Experience MDE app or web site and make them that way. You can change and make them any time after 30 days but the popular FP are harder to get.

So day of at Kiosks, we can still scan the ticket at the Kiosks then? Not sure which parks we are going to which days so I'm not sure 30 days out would work.

Thanks for the information. To carry it a step further, under those circumstances, would it be just as effective to wait and make them together upon arrival or would the odds be better to reserve early and try and connect them upon arrival. Times are not as important as actually riding the ride at the same time.

I have the same question. We will have a party of 6 adults who are buying tix at different times. We are already in our window, but some have not purchased their tix yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter