• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need face moisturizer recommendations please......

cmlnkb

Mouseketeer
Approaching the big 50 and starting to notice fine lines, bags/dark circles under eyes and saggy skin. Can anyone recommend a good face cream that won't break the bank?
Thanks

Last edited:
I love Olay Complete Daily Moisturizer SPF 15. I have combination skin and I think it soaks in well and doesn't leave my skin significantly oilier. I'm prone to occasional breakouts with moisturizer but haven't had any with this one. Significant reduction in skin flakiness.

Ole Henricksen. It's not super cheap, but it works so well! I have all my skincare products from there now. They often have good sales. I suggest you buy the "three little miracles" trial set and decide for yourself after a couple weeks. I ended up buying full sized versions of all the products in this set.

In addition, you need a retinol. For that, I use Neutrogena. This one:

Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Serum, Deep Wrinkle Daily Serum with Retinol SA, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A, Anti-Wrinkle Serum Treatment, 1 fl. oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OMI9C...abc_H3AW8PX0MT41M3RCZM74?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

As for eye cream, THIS ONE. Don't balk at the price. This tube will last you like 2 years.

ELEMIS Peptide4 Eye Recovery Cream, Reviving Eye Cream, 0.5 Fl Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FLN9S48/ref=cm_sw_r_apanp_pjTUXpkUPDX5v

Regenerist OLAY
Research with actual clinical trials. My derm uses it. Great product, great results

I have dry, sensitive skin. I like Lacura night cream with retinol then an extremely light coating of Cera Ve moisturizing cream at night. This is the only retinol product I have ever been able to use out of the gate without having to ease slowly into the process, plus it's $4 at Aldi. In the mornings I use The Ordinary's Buffet and a light coat of Cere Ve. Then follow with a mineral sunscreen. I can't use chemical sunscreens anymore I get a raised red rash.

In the morning, I use Cetaphil daily face moisturizer with SPF 15. Before bed, I’m using Neutrogena product I can’t remember the name of. (It has retinol in it). If I am going to be outside much of the day, I have stronger sunscreen that I will use and reapply throughout the day.

I’m another one who tried Olay Regenerist ended up with red, burn like spots and breaking out despite my attempts to slowly adjust to it. I had to give up. However, I have a couple friends who love it.

Basically, you need a product with sunscreen for the day and retinol at night. If you really want to know facts and solid advice beyond that, make an appointment with a dermatologist.

The marketing of beauty/skin care products is horrible.

Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist for my super dry skin. It's a miracle! And you can buy it in the grocery store or drug stores.

Last edited:
I used Olay regenerist for years...then used only natural products for about the past 5 years...I bought Vitamin c serum,some oil with retinol added etc. Now this winter I've switched back to the Olay Retinol- it's purple tub, on sale at Costco so I thought I'd try it. It works really well. My regimen (mid 50's) is I wash with argan oil (all natural) and use vitamin c serum + natural tinted cc cream with SPF in it (mornings) and at night I wash with argan oil and apply the olay. So far so good! (I prefer all natural but the Olay is an easy swap for now) I tend to have younger skin anyway (not as young as I wish!) but I like the results.

I use Olay w/ 15 spf, it works great for me. I have dry skin and don't use anything else on it, and don't usually use soap on my face either.

I use Oil of Olay....original. When I was going through menopause, I switched to the old Jergens cold cream. I would rub some on my face, then wipe it off. (This is how my Grandmother used to do it).

I used Philosophy Hope in a Jar for many years. Thought because I'm getting older, I'd try something different. Using Oil of Olay in the red jar and not loving it. Probably will go back to Hope in a Jar.

Due to some serious med issues caused by estrogen dominance three years ago, I started looking for good facial moisturizers that weren't full of parabens, phylates, etc. During the search, I gave the NatureWell products a try that I found at Sam's Club. I was impressed enough that I'm still using them. I like the retinol cream for night time and the vitamin C cream for daytime. I had some dark spots on my face that I had just accepted (nothing worked on them.) The vitamin C cream has made them almost completely disappear. They're also reasonably priced for a good amount of product.

Due to some serious med issues caused by estrogen dominance three years ago, I started looking for good facial moisturizers that weren't full of parabens, phylates, etc. During the search, I gave the NatureWell products a try that I found at Sam's Club. I was impressed enough that I'm still using them. I like the retinol cream for night time and the vitamin C cream for daytime. I had some dark spots on my face that I had just accepted (nothing worked on them.) The vitamin C cream has made them almost completely disappear. They're also reasonably priced for a good amount of product.
The creme contains acrylamide which is known as a carcinogen. This ingredient is even banned in the EU from use in cosmetics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter