Need chili making advice

Black beans in the chili but if you need another meal and have more meat one dish I love in the winter is beans and hamburger basically it is what it says brown a pound of hamburger or any ground meat you have add an onion chopped a can of tomato soup and a little brown sugar and heat it all up on the stove then put it in a casserole dish and bake for about an hour.

Black beans are the best for beef chilis and for vegan chilis (with pumpkin or sweet potato or both)...
Great northern beans are the best for chicken chilis...
Kidney beans are the best for staying on grocery shelves and never being used in any chili...
You'll thank me later:)...

You can also make it vegetarian by just adding in extra veggies instead of the meat. I make it with zucchini, summer squash, asparagus, shredded carrots ], chopped broccoli and onions. This also bulks it up if you are short in beans or meat.

You can also make it vegetarian by just adding in extra veggies instead of the meat. I make it with zucchini, summer squash, asparagus, shredded carrots ], chopped broccoli and onions. This also bulks it up if you are short in beans or meat.
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have any of that and we can't go to the store.

I would go with black beans, but not add until you are simmering so they don't get mushy. My normal chili recipe has lots of onion, celery and green pepper sautéed with chopped up bacon. Adds a great smoky flavor .

<shivers down spine> Texan here. Maybe a handful of pinto or Ranch Style beans, if any. If you have to put some in, then the black, not baked (too sweet), but no reason to feel they are compulsory.

Thanks for the advice. The black beans worked out well. We have leftover chili so we're going to have baked potatoes with chili on top tonight. The roads thawed out enough for me to go to the store today but everything was really picked over. I'm glad I stocked up before the storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter