Need BC help, please.

Disx5

Earning My Ears
Just booked a trip for early July at the BC. My family (three children including a toddler) have always stayed at WL and loved it.

We are looking forward to this new (for us) resort and the pool. I am wondering if we will love it as well as we've loved the WL.

If you've stayed here and loved it - can you tell me some of the reasons? I've checked out the yacht and beach club thread and that is helpful. I've looked at photos - they look nice. I just don't know if we'll like it as well as MK area resorts????

How did you find the transportation - especially to MK? Does it really take a few minutes to walk to Epcot and BW? Even in summer?

Thanks for any info./advice/thoughts you might want to share! I appreciate it.

I am staying at BC for the first time in 2 weeks. However, I have stayed in the boardwalk area last May and I can tell you it is awesome to be able to walk to both Epcot and Dhs.. That is 2 out of 4 parks that you don't have to relie on Disney transportation. Also, there is so much to do I that area. You have so many great restaurants within walking distance.. From what I hear, tons of activities at the BC.. Have fun on your trip!!

We stayed at BC in January and loved it! :) The rooms were very nice and comfortable. I was quite sick for an entire day while we were there and could hardly get out of bed. I say this because the room was almost like being at home!! And no, nothing at Disney caused my illness. We loved walking to EPCOT. The back gate near the England pavilion was like having your own private entrance! We didn't walk to HS, but the boat ride was great. We had no trouble with buses to MK or AK-our longest wait was 10 min. They'll no doubt have more buses running in July to handle the increase in guests. BC is very relaxing and we really loved the decore. The setting around the lake, with BW and YC near-by is beautiful. We are early risers, so we'd walk around the boardwalk and stop at the incredible bakery!! :love:
BC is definitely 'our' resort now and we can't wait to return! Relax and have fun. I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

We stayed at the BC last October for the first time and we really fell in love with the resort. The resort is beautiful and the beds were sooo comfy. The proximity to Epcot and HS and the Boardwalk for that matter can't be beat. We walked over to Epcot several times during our 8 day stay and it never took us more than 10 minutes tops and we were not sprinting. We loved SAB pool and never had an issue finding chairs to sit. They do have quite a few activities for the kids from what I saw when I was there (my girls are older so they participated in more of the pool activities). The biggest drawback of this resort was that they don't really have a food court - their choices are more limited but it wasn't a huge deal to us. We managed and many times walked over to the Boardwalk or got something quick by the QS place at the pool. We loved it so much that we're going back this August for another 8 days. In comparison, we've stayed at CSR, AKL, ASMu and Pop... The BC by far is our favorite! Have a great trip!

I could have written this post!! and in fact, I probably did a few months ago!! :lmao:

Our family also stayed at the WL our last 2 trips - in 2009 & 2010 and our boys LOVED IT!! We had the bunk beds and we so loved the quick boat ride to MK!!

I thought for this trip, we should expand our horizons and try a new hotel - we'd eaten at Cape May several times on the last trips, and I just loved the beach theme..and the pool....HOLY COW!! :scared1: my boys were hooked on that pirate ship slide!!

So, I went back and forth planning this trip but finally settled on BC..we're going to be there June 8-14 and I cant wait!

My boys might be a little older than yours, at almost 13 and 10, and we do eat most of our dinners in Epcot so that helped make the decision for us too - and we do enjoy DHS, so we'll be making quite a few extra afternoon trips that way too..

I'm a little sad to give up the bunk beds, but I booked a 2 queen room, and Im requesting a pull out couch so we'll see - I just dont want to hear..."he's touching me" at night so wish us luck!!

I think you'll love the BC!!

you will love it. its an easy walk to and from epcot. the pool is great fun,;however, its so big that you can easily loose sight of your children. for instance, the entrance to the pool slide (which is the best I have experienced at a resolrt) is not within your sightline if in the pool or even on the deck. as such, i ended up spending alot of my time at the pool chasing the kids around which was not entirely relaxing. that being said, we all loved the resort.

I could have written this post!! and in fact, I probably did a few months ago!! :lmao:

Our family also stayed at the WL our last 2 trips - in 2009 & 2010 and our boys LOVED IT!! We had the bunk beds and we so loved the quick boat ride to MK!!

I thought for this trip, we should expand our horizons and try a new hotel - we'd eaten at Cape May several times on the last trips, and I just loved the beach theme..and the pool....HOLY COW!! :scared1: my boys were hooked on that pirate ship slide!!

So, I went back and forth planning this trip but finally settled on BC..we're going to be there June 8-14 and I cant wait!

My boys might be a little older than yours, at almost 13 and 10, and we do eat most of our dinners in Epcot so that helped make the decision for us too - and we do enjoy DHS, so we'll be making quite a few extra afternoon trips that way too..

I'm a little sad to give up the bunk beds, but I booked a 2 queen room, and Im requesting a pull out couch so we'll see - I just dont want to hear..."he's touching me" at night so wish us luck!!I think you'll love the BC!!

OMG...you made me laugh...my girls (17 & 13) say the same exact thing...we now warn them ahead of time that we don't want to hear it....:)

Just booked a trip for early July at the BC. My family (three children including a toddler) have always stayed at WL and loved it.

We are looking forward to this new (for us) resort and the pool. I am wondering if we will love it as well as we've loved the WL.

If you've stayed here and loved it - can you tell me some of the reasons? I've checked out the yacht and beach club thread and that is helpful. I've looked at photos - they look nice. I just don't know if we'll like it as well as MK area resorts????

1) How did you find the transportation - especially to MK?
2) Does it really take a few minutes to walk to EPCOT and BW?
3)Even in summer?

Yes... I have stayed at The beach Club Resort... several times; but I have also stay at The Poly, WL twice, GF a few times, and The Contemporary many times - The Poly was OK (I really don't know what my "problem" is with it, honestly !) WL was really nice - especially the "atmosphere" (but I wasn't thrilled with the "transportation"), The Grand Floridian is what it is - over the top, and wonderful everything (but just a little "too much" for me) and The Contemporary is, has been, and will always be my favorite !

1) The transportation is fantastic ! The buses run about every ten to fifteen minutes or so, and they are very accommodating !
2) To EPCOT - you can walk (less then 5 minutes, any time) or take the boat to the International Gateway (near "France") which will actually take you about ten minutes. To DHS - you can walk (with children, it might be a little long, but for adults about twelve to fifteen minutes) or take the boat (about fifteen to twenty minutes). And you "bus" to everywhere else... but you get there very quickly.
3) Yes.

You made a great choice. The sand bottom pool is spectacular. Dont miss Beaches and Cream. The Yachstsman Steakhouse is one of our favorites for signature dining and the Cape May Cafe had a nice character breakfast. The walk to Epcot is very short but a bit longer to Hollywood Studios. Plenty to see all around you though. Have a magical time!:wizard:

Once we stayed at WL, we were hooked and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Liked it better than our stays at other deluxe resorts.
Then we gave the BC a try and now we found our "home" resort.

Everyone is happy there. Kids love the pool and how close they are to Epcot. The staff is very friendly. DH & I feel very relaxed there which is exactly what we want on vacation.

The sandbottom pool is very unique. Even at 9 & 11 my kids enjoyed building in the "kiddie" sand area. The slide is fun ... for adults too. Enjoy the poolside food & drink service. Feel "pampered" to have someone taking care of me for a change. Kids enjoy taking a break from swimming to play a game with lifeguards or dance or hula hoop. We bring our own pool noodles to enjoy the lazy river.

We've used the salon there as well for haircuts for DH & DS when we didn't have time to get them before we left.
The movies and firepit on the beach are good night time entertainment.
We like the restaurants as well -- including the Crews Cup "bar" on the Yacht Club side for a quick meal.

Walk to Epcot has literally been 10 minutes from our room to through the gates. Love walking right into the UK. We've walked to DHS as well as taken boat and have driven as well. It is literally across the street and driving can be quicker than the boat.

We loved the boat to MK at WL, but bus service wasn't always the best for us. We've had much better luck with busses at BC which mostly only share with YC in the summer.
If you don't end up liking it, at least you gave it a try and know you can return to WL the next time.

Hope you have a great time!

For the first few years we went to DIsney we always stayed at the GF. I couldn't imagine loving another resort as much.

Once we tried BC/YC we found out we loved it even MORE.

Of course the pool is fabulous, but one of my favorite things is being able to walk over to EPCOT for dinner. It's about a five minute walk. There really is a magical feel at BC.

You have to meet Teena, one of the greeters at BC, she is super helpful!

When in July are you going? We'll be there July 19-28 and I'm planning a Mini BC/YC Dis Meet!

For the first few years we went to DIsney we always stayed at the GF. I couldn't imagine loving another resort as much.

Once we tried BC/YC we found out we loved it even MORE.

Of course the pool is fabulous, but one of my favorite things is being able to walk over to EPCOT for dinner. It's about a five minute walk. There really is a magical feel at BC.

You have to meet Teena, one of the greeters at BC, she is super helpful!

When in July are you going? We'll be there July 19-28 and I'm planning a Mini BC/YC Dis Meet!

I am SO glad you posted this!! We absolutely LOVE the GF...we stayed there and were spoiled rotten. But we're going to stay at the BC this next trip and it's had me very nervous...are we going to like it as much, will it be as good? I've got the "new resort jitters". So reading your answer was a big sigh of relief for me!! :goodvibes

OP here - just wanted to say thank you all for taking the time to reply!

I loved reading your responses and answers to my questions. I really want to like BC - from what you have to say, I can see why you do.

DisneyMomx7, as far as a meet goes, we will be there too early and will miss it. But, thanks for mentioning it though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter