Need ALOT of help with Drinks Around the World

Cindy's Mom

DIS Veteran
The family decided take a three day trip to EPCOT to DATW. In all the times we've been to WDW, we've only been to EPCOT once and I want to do more than drink. I want to see stuff too. Can someone give me a jumping off point on what you do in each country when stop for a drink? The kids can do whatever they want, but me and the DH plan on 1/2 the world, and then back to the swan for a swim and a nap and finish up the other countries and stay for fireworks. When I tell you...I know NOTHING about EPCOT, I'm not lying. I'm a good planner and can figure stuff out in terms of a good day - but I truly don't know where to start with the planning. :) Thanks all.

One thing to consider, WS is longer than a mile around. If you leave in the middle, there will be a lot of doubling back. If you're set on doing half, napping and then doing the rest, I suppose you could skip every other country on one spin through and then hit them on the second. That way, the walk back to Swan Dolphin won't be as far in one shot.

Do you want to do the rides? Personally, what we would do with one day at Epcot is rope drop the front of the park. Do the rides. Walk back to the Swan via the IG. Take a nap and then hit WS after we are recharged--with a sit down dinner planned halfway through, like in Italy, to take another break and keep a bit of a schedule.

Ha - I thought of the very same thing as you...."how exactly would I do a half and half tour" I like the idea of doing front of the park first - taking a break and head back to WS for the shenanigans. Excellent idea and thank you so much.

Each country has its own set of shops-those are things you could explore while enjoying a drink from each country.

My friend and I drank around the world on New Year's Day. I consider myself an EPCOT fan, but usually go during festivals so stuck to the 'front' of each country. Since there was no festival on NYD, we went 'into' the countries to get drinks, and therefore got to explore things I'd never seen before. It was great!

France, Norway and Mexico are the only countries with actual rides. The Frozen ride in Norway and Remy in France are going to have highest wait times in the park especially once Test Track is closed.

Really dive into each country. Slow down & immerse yourself. Watch the movie or show. Explore all the nooks & crannies. Look in the shops. Just stand & look at the design of the buildings. Make a point to learn 1 thing to share as you walk to the next country (that's our game).

If there is a festival going on when you go, there’s normally a scavenger hunt in WS going on where you buy the card and have to find a hidden Remy, Olaf etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter