~Need Advise From My Dis-Family~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
Again I find myself in the need of help from my Dis-Family. I am considering selling some of my treasures on E-Bay.
I find the E-Bay site vague on fees. Could someone give me a for example scenario; like an item for $25.00. What would be the posting fee, and then the sold fee?
It looks like the safe thing to do is to set up a Pay-Pal account. How do you get money out of the account and into your bank account? Pay-Pal fees? Any issues?
Anything else you could share would be fantastic.
We know experience is the voice of wisdom.:tink:

Well, I'm not an expert in this field, but I have sold a couple of items on E-bay. First of all you should get an account with Pay Pal. Most sellers will only deal with a Pay Pal account. It's a more secure way of receiving funds. Also once you set up an account it will give you the option of keeping funds in your Pay Pal account or transferring the funds to your bank account. As far as fees go Pay Pal's fees should be explained to you once you register. You can ck. your account any time from anywhere as long as you can get on line. E-Bay's fees only apply to you as a seller, not a buyer. Seller fees depend on various things, like adding additional pictures, eye catching borders, selling price etc. You should start selling a small item just to get your feet wet & take it from there. As a seller & buyer I recommend you give it a try. Good luck to you!:thumbsup2

Ebay charges for various items. They also run "specials" (my word) now like list for free or pics for free ect at various times. The pp was spot on to say for you to try a small item and see how you like it.

In the past when I listed on ebay the fees that were chipped away were for the buy it now option extra photos zoom a % of the total sale price and the paypal fees. For me (and I know many many people who have made some serious cash with selling on ebay) after deducting all the fees, shipping costs, and time involved with my listings I realized I just wasn't making enough cash. Again that was just me. :sick:

I have gotten some serious bargains off ebay though.:cool2:

Hopefully you will be one of the ones who scores big! :cheer2:

Thank you flores and hollyshoffbrau I appreciate the feedback. I was afraid of a small profit margin, as the information provided on their information page about their percentage is vague. Is Pay-Pal a one time fee to set up an account, and then a percentage if you make a sale?:confused3 Is there a Disney related consignment store? :tink:

There are various categories that you can list your product. And the title of your item should be specific and include things like "Disney" so that when potential buyers do a search they will find your item.

PayPal doesn't charge a setup fee if I recall correctly. But the receiver of funds (seller) we be assessed a percentage that is deducted before you receive your funds automatically.

eBay fees, on the other hand, are handled different. Any associated fees are billed to you at the end of the month and you pay them via PayPal. I usually just go ahead and pay them as I incur them rather than wait for the bill.

One other thing if you plan to have money from sales regularly you can request a debit card that is tied to your account that will work the same as any other debit card. This is an easy way to use the money without waiting for transfer to your bank.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Btw thefrugalfind.com has a guest writer talking about her selling advice right now. I just got an email about it. She may be able to answer some of your more specific questions. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter