Need Advice Selecting Parks vs Park Hopper

DisneyDoesMyHair

Mouseketeer
We have four day standard tickets, along with tickets to EMM at MK on two mornings and DAH AK one evening. We are doing two days at MK, one day at Epcot, and DAH at AK one evening. I need advice on our fourth day ticket. Should we spend the day at HS or upgrade to park hopper and split the day with AK/HS? Our group is family of four: two adults, two children (4 and 11).

Giving advice on things like this is basically just other people’s opinions which may not work best for you.

My opinion is to split it. I personally don’t enjoy HS as a full day park and would way rather split with AK

Giving advice on things like this is basically just other people’s opinions which may not work best for you.

My opinion is to split it. I personally don’t enjoy HS as a full day park and would way rather split with AK
This is where I am leaning, to split the day. Mainly because I do not see a large amount of rides my family want/can get fastpasses to ride at HS, and our DAH event at AK will allow us to ride all the headliners at AK. But, I just wanted to see if anyone could sway me back to a full day at HS.

This is where I am leaning, to split the day. Mainly because I do not see a large amount of rides my family want/can get fastpasses to ride at HS, and our DAH event at AK will allow us to ride all the headliners at AK. But, I just wanted to see if anyone could sway me back to a full day at HS.
So, do you suggest the morning at AK and evening at HS?

I like the flexibility of park hopper. You never know how it's going to go, you might decide you want to leave the park you are at for one reason or another and hop somewhere else.

We have four day standard tickets, along with tickets to EMM at MK on two mornings and DAH AK one evening. We are doing two days at MK, one day at Epcot, and DAH at AK one evening. I need advice on our fourth day ticket. Should we spend the day at HS or upgrade to park hopper and split the day with AK/HS? Our group is family of four: two adults, two children (4 and 11).

You're only wanting a park hopper for one day? If it's cost effective for you, then by all means go for it. Have you considered taking one of your EMMs at MK and doing one at HS perhaps helping with your 1/2 day dilemma at HS and AK. You've already got DAH for AK...so there's you "ticket" for that park. I'm told most popular rides can definitely be covered with this event. Do an EMM at the Studios and there's your 4th day ticket. Because as it goes, for EMM you have to have park entry to that park already in place before going. Just a suggestion. Good luck no matter what you decide.

I would not spend the $ on a hopper for one day. I’d do a half day and spend the other half at the pool.
This is where everyone is so different. Disney already costs a fortune and when it comes to my trips, I don’t budget. For me, I’d rather spend a little more and have a full day than spend a day pass and only stay half a day. My pool days are when I don’t go into the parks

Would you spend the half day at HS, and say the DAH event at AK is enough for that park?

It really depends on what you want to accomplish at AK prior to the DAH event starting. Since you can't enter on that ticket until 7:00 pm, you would not be able to see any of the shows (Lion King, Nemo, etc.) as they always stop showing hours prior to closing, however, if you only wanted to get the safari in, for example, you could definitely enter at 7:00 pm and get that in prior to the event starting.

I, personally, don't think doing a late, half day at DHS (with FP+) plus AK DAH in one day is a terrible idea. DHS is only a half-day for us as we only do TSL and the Star Wars attractions. However, I could spend many more hours at AK because we like to walk the animal trails along with doing most of the attractions.

What are your travel days like? Upgrading your ticket from a 4- to 5-day ticket is probably cheaper than adding the PH option. Could you do DHS as a half-day on your arrival or departure day? If so, then you could use a day ticket to get in earlier on your DAH AK day and fully enjoy that park.

It really depends on what you want to accomplish at AK prior to the DAH event starting. Since you can't enter on that ticket until 7:00 pm, you would not be able to see any of the shows (Lion King, Nemo, etc.) as they always stop showing hours prior to closing, however, if you only wanted to get the safari in, for example, you could definitely enter at 7:00 pm and get that in prior to the event starting.

I, personally, don't think doing a late, half day at DHS (with FP+) plus AK DAH in one day is a terrible idea. DHS is only a half-day for us as we only do TSL and the Star Wars attractions. However, I could spend many more hours at AK because we like to walk the animal trails along with doing most of the attractions.

What are your travel days like? Upgrading your ticket from a 4- to 5-day ticket is probably cheaper than adding the PH option. Could you do DHS as a half-day on your arrival or departure day? If so, then you could use a day ticket to get in earlier on your DAH AK day and fully enjoy that park.
After contemplating a few of the options you guys have thrown around, we decided to just do an evening at HS. We are going to sleep in, do Storybook Dining for late lunch, then spend the rest of the evening at HS. I added the Fantasmic VIP Dessert package to add a little extra magic at the end of the day. I think overall, the DAH AK event will suffice for what we wanted to see at that park this time. The only thing I will miss that I really wanted to see is the Lion King show.
So far, our plans are...
Sat: Fly in and go to Chef Mickeys for dinner.
Sun: EMM MK, full day in the park to fireworks.
Mon: Sleep in, Resort/pool day at AKL, DAH AK.
Tues: Sleep in, late start at MK. We have CRT and BOG booked for this day.
Wed: Epcot rope drop to fireworks, with midday break back at the hotel.
Thurs: Sleep in, late lunch ADR at Storybook Dining, evening at HS, Fantasmic Dessert Package.
Fri: Sleep in, lunch at TRex in Disney Springs, souvenir shopping and exploring DS, light dinner at our resort and pool time.
Sat: Breakfast at Whispering Canyon and flight departure.
We are so excited! Thank you all so much for your help! Just five more days!

After contemplating a few of the options you guys have thrown around, we decided to just do an evening at HS. We are going to sleep in, do Storybook Dining for late lunch, then spend the rest of the evening at HS. I added the Fantasmic VIP Dessert package to add a little extra magic at the end of the day. I think overall, the DAH AK event will suffice for what we wanted to see at that park this time. The only thing I will miss that I really wanted to see is the Lion King show.
So far, our plans are...
Sat: Fly in and go to Chef Mickeys for dinner.
Sun: EMM MK, full day in the park to fireworks.
Mon: Sleep in, Resort/pool day at AKL, DAH AK.
Tues: Sleep in, late start at MK. We have CRT and BOG booked for this day.
Wed: Epcot rope drop to fireworks, with midday break back at the hotel.
Thurs: Sleep in, late lunch ADR at Storybook Dining, evening at HS, Fantasmic Dessert Package.
Fri: Sleep in, lunch at TRex in Disney Springs, souvenir shopping and exploring DS, light dinner at our resort and pool time.
Sat: Breakfast at Whispering Canyon and flight departure.
We are so excited! Thank you all so much for your help! Just five more days!
Sounds like a solid plan.

we have always gotten PH as we usually visit in the Fall when MK is closed 4 nights/week for the parties.
next trip will be April 2020 and not sure if we will get them this time, especially if EMH in the evening are ending. Plenty of time to figure it out.

I like the flexibility of park hopper. You never know how it's going to go, you might decide you want to leave the park you are at for one reason or another and hop somewhere else.

I agree. I only use hoppers. My wife and I split days between two parks (or more) every time we go. For full disclosure, we go more for ambiance rather than riding rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter