need advice on to deal with WDW tickets issue

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

yesterday we arrived at WDW, our 1st trip.
There are 3 adults, 1 3yr old and 1 infant for a 6 day trip.

Recently after I bought my trip tickets, 1 adult (sister), said they needed to leave on Monday morning. So she would not be able to use the last 3 day tickets we have. So an in-law wanted to meet us, and on Monday morning she will be joining us. We figured this would be prefect as my sister was leaving the other in-law would be coming.

issue is, yesterday we check in to MK and i noticed they had us register our finger print. So now i'm thinking there may be an issue with sharing a ticket between 2 adults (1-adult for 3 and the other adult for the other 3)

How can I deal with this? Will Guest services allow another adult to take over the tickets, or do we have to buy a new 3day ticket for the 2nd adult? If so can we get a 3day refund on ticekt for the 1st adult?

I"m totally freaked out now.

How would the fast passes work for the 1st adult in which we already booked everything for? is that something easy to transfer if we buy 2nd adult new tickets?

you will have to drop those FP and rebook immediately and hope you are able to get them before someone else does

Tickets are not shareable or transferable after first use.

Fast passes used to be transferable - so you might be able to get those moves over if still an MDE option.

Hello all,

yesterday we arrived at WDW, our 1st trip.
There are 3 adults, 1 3yr old and 1 infant for a 6 day trip.

Recently after I bought my trip tickets, 1 adult (sister), said they needed to leave on Monday morning. So she would not be able to use the last 3 day tickets we have. So an in-law wanted to meet us, and on Monday morning she will be joining us. We figured this would be prefect as my sister was leaving the other in-law would be coming.

issue is, yesterday we check in to MK and i noticed they had us register our finger print. So now i'm thinking there may be an issue with sharing a ticket between 2 adults (1-adult for 3 and the other adult for the other 3)

How can I deal with this? Will Guest services allow another adult to take over the tickets, or do we have to buy a new 3day ticket for the 2nd adult? If so can we get a 3day refund on ticekt for the 1st adult?

I"m totally freaked out now.
The short answer is that you cannot share tickets. If the person leaves early those ticket days are wasted. New person needs to buy tickets

As others have said, tickets are nontransferable once they have been used for park entry, so you’d have to purchase separate tickets for your in-law that is arriving later in the trip.

While Fastpasses used to be transferable between separate ticketed profiles, that is sadly no longer an option. I’ve read that Castmembers do still have the ability to transfer Fastpasses though. Are you staying at a Disney resort? You might try nicely explaining your situation at the concierge desk. If staying offsite, you could visit a Guest Relations window at one of the parks. With a little luck, they’ll be able to transfer your sister’s Fastpasses to your in-law.

Have you gone to guest relations? They may be able to help as you are losing 3 days....maybe they will grant some pixie dust

I hope you get some pixie dust for the FastPasses, but I would definitely go in prepared not to get any special treatment. But don't worry, if they can't do anything for you, you have only a party of four people who need FPs. With a little diligence, you should be able to get your in-law FastPasses on most attractions that the rest of you are visiting.

Unfortunately, as others have said, you definitely can't share park tickets. If they allowed sharing, many people would just add a bunch of cheap days at the end of their trips and resell their tickets -- since the price for each extra day drops dramatically after the first few days.

There is nothing to "deal" with.
Once a ticket is used its tied to that person.
Sharing a ticket is no allowed.
No refunds on partly used tickets or tickets that haven't been used at all for that matter.
Your new guest will have to purchase a new ticket.

As for FP+ it cannot be transferred but what you can do is after the second person purchases and links a ticket you could cancel the first person's fastpasses one at a time and jump in to see if you can grab the same time slot for the new person.
If that doesn't work out then you can look for an overlapping time at least.

I would have two people working on the FP. One person cancels one, the other immediately tries to pick it up, and just keep doing that. It may not work, but if they become available immediately, it might.

As has been mentioned, tickets can't be shared or transferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter