Need advice on FP strategy

cornflkgrl

DIS Veteran
I asked this on another board but got nothing.:sad1:
I have two kids who for medical reasons need to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Our touring strategy is to go to RD and stay for maybe an hour or two, then leave and not come back until 5 or 6 and stay until close (assuming the kids handle all,that). Last year we didn't even make some of our later morning reservations (after 11 a.m.)

Luckily, last year I made some fp for night. But then we didnt get to make any more after our 3 because the last was so late. We found things to do after last year but we didn't make more fp. Should I not do that? Should I make them all for morning so that hopefully we can more when we return later in the evening? Is that a good strategy? What if we don't make it? Can we still make a new one? Will it just expire if we don't show up? Or should I make night time fp reservations now so we are garunteed to have some night time rides? With it busy, is it likely everything will be gone in the evening? I realize now I can make to reservations from my phone. Suggestions? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

I have one child that can not be in the sun for long periods of time also. So because I have been there so many times that I do not feel the need for a full commando days. I made my fp+ for night time. Right now we are going to wing it as to whether we sleep-in in the mornings (we are on vacation) or do rope drop. If we do rope drop we plan to do what we can with minimal waits and then head for indoor shows or just leave for break time. I am planning on our actual park times for the evenings.

You have good and valid questions. If you don't show up, they expire. I would RD with a couple morning passes, or one and make one for the evening or two, that strategy woould only work if not park hopping.

I have one child that can not be in the sun for long periods of time also. So because I have been there so many times that I do not feel the need for a full commando days. I made my fp+ for night time. Right now we are going to wing it as to whether we sleep-in in the mornings (we are on vacation) or do rope drop. If we do rope drop we plan to do what we can with minimal waits and then head for indoor shows or just leave for break time. I am planning on our actual park times for the evenings.

Is it reasonable to try to get 4th fps at night? Or are they gone by then? I don't mean anything crazy just like for Dumbo or something. We didn't really do many rides at night last year so I don't know much about waits. We were watching parades and kids wanted to dance with the Incredible s and for reference my son's favorite ride is Carosel of Progress. So I don't know what the wait times are actually like at night. Just that is us cooler and seems less overwhelming.

If you are only going to stay about an hour after Rope Drop, you won't really need FPs for that time period.

I'd make the 3 FP reservations in the evening if I were you.

My 3 fp's run from 605 til 930pm. I am not planning on trying for a 4 pass. Just if we can get another ride in great, but if not then it will be what ever night time shows are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter