Need Advice - 3 days, which parks?

toothbrush373

Earning My Ears
I know that I won't be able to see it all (I've been a few times before), but I'm going to WDW next week, and have 3 days set aside for the parks.

I originally wanted to attend the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Universal, but my girlfriend is really keyed up to see Islands of Adventure. I have a feeling I'm going to get one of choices bumped, but I need some help deciding which one.

As well, is Islands of Adventure worth it?

Hi toothbrush373, welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to the Adults/Solo travelers board.

I think I like Islands of Adventure much more than Universal but I love thrill rides and IofA has some of the best. Don't miss Spiderman that is such a hoot, not really a thrill ride along the lines of a rollercoaster, but it's just fun, you really shouldn't miss it. The coasters at IofA are just smooth as glass, no jerking you around. I love it. I'm an older adult, smooth is important to me :)

Islands of Adventure is definitely worth it. We actually have a discussion forum dedicated to Universal and IoA and there are some very knowledgeable USF/IofA veterans there. They could tell you lots more than I could. You might want to check there too and then come back and tell us what you learned :)

Here is a link for you <b>HERE</b>

toothbrush373,

If you like Rollercoaster, then you will LOVE IofA.

nativetxn was so right about the Spiderman ride. It is AWESOME!!!!

I personally would choose to go to Universal rather than IofA, but that is just me. I love the Men in Black ride. I could ride that over and over.

When I have gone to WDW by myself, I have found that you can cover so much more of the parks that I could get them all in. You have to plan it out using the Fast Pass, but I have been able to get everything in and gone home with a smile in my heart.

Have a great time!!!!

I would go - MK (okay sentimental), IOA and Studios - if you girl friend like coaster - SW has a good one too but only one

the wild rides you are missing is test track (epcot) , men in black (US), back to the future (US) and one more at US that I don't remember.

If you already have your hotel reservation then go with what you have - otherwise Loew's has some excellent hotel choices on property - their own hotels allows their guest to have front in line access to their parks. which is a great time saver!

If I only had 3 days, I would do...

Day 1- MK in the morning, Epcot in the late afternoon/evening, staying for Illuminations
Day 2- AK in the morning, MGM in the late afternoon, stay for Fantasmic
Day 3- Go back to any park(s) to catch must-sees that you haven't gotten to yet

You could substitue a day at IOA or Universal for day 3, too. I've only been to IOA, but I managed to see everything that I wanted to there in half a day, so you could spend the other half at Disney if you wanted to. The 3-day plan above is *exhausting*, but you'll be amazed at how much you can fit in! That's how we did our very first trip, and boy were we glad to have the cruise afterwards to recover! ;)

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter