Need a referral for the current DVC purchase incentive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, I wonder exactly what the incentives will be. I'm getting addonitis already! I'll have to restrain myself while we're at WDW in a couple weeks!

Our guide is Laurie at Doorway to Dreams, and she was very helpful and low pressure while we were making our decisions about which resort, how many points, etc. We decided on 185 pts at AKV (when choices were AKV or SSR.)

If anyone needs a referral, feel free to PM me.

We have a GREAT guide who is often on the DCL so he is up on what incentives are being offered on land and on the DCL... If anyone wants his name/number please let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love a referral....do I need to have the same guide as the referral? I already have a guide assigned to me but I have not spoken to him yet since he is off until Monday.

I would love a referral....do I need to have the same guide as the referral? I already have a guide assigned to me but I have not spoken to him yet since he is off until Monday.

You do not need to have the same guide as your referral....

Kristin

I would be happy to give anyone a referral. If you need I have a terrific guide. I am also happy to split any cash referral incentives I receive with you.

I would love to answer any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito
Coming out of lurkdom again.

Would it be better for me to buy into DVC now or wait until Jan 15th to see if their are any other discounts coming up?

I am looking at AKV, but want more info on BLT and can currently buy AKV at $97.00 pp with an additional 300 pts to use as a "freebie" vacation.

Might their be a better deal than that with a type of "Friends and Family" promo after Jan15th? And if I do use a referral, do I have to switch guides? I like the one I have, he's been great to work with so I would hate to have to switch.

Thank You!!

NO ONE can answer that question.....and guides know "squat" until they are told... which wont be till close to 1/15, so don't believe anyone who tells you the next one "will" be a better deal. :goodvibes

Disney is smart enough to "tweak" the discounts/incentives a bit but to expect anything "major" in discounts really hasn't been done previously and surely since Disney is selling briskly..I don't foresee any great shakes happening.

The "KEY" to remember is that the "Price WILL Increase"....so doesn't really matter what the discount/incentive is ....right?

You dont need to switch guides...just give your guide a members name (ASAP-he/she might not let you do it later since it wasn't given initially )..so it is on record soon...so that you don't loose out if/when the friend/family or whatever the new discount is announced.

If anyone still needs a referral please let me know our guide is wonderful and is on the DCL a lot so he is also aware of the current incentives being offered on the cruise as well!!!!!

If anyone is looking for a referral our guide Brian is wonderful!!!!!!!! He goes out on the cruise a lot so he is aware of the current offers on the DCL also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI...newbies
Just to clearify the current incentives for DVC..

New Member Purchase

Animal Kingdom Villas
$104 base price less $6.25 promotional discount; 100-point purchase

$104 base price less $6.25 promotional discount; matching set of Developer's Points to be used at Saratoga Springs or for Interval International exchange by October 3, 2009; 160-point minimum purchase; first points available in 2008 Use Year but cannot be used until after 5/1/09 due to Kidani Village construction

Special Offer: $104 base price; 160 - 219 points; $1000 Gift Card; complimentary 3-night stay in One Bedroom villa at any resort (subject to availability) by October 3, 2009.

Special Offer: $104 base price; 220+ points; $1000 Gift Card; complimentary 5-night stay in One Bedroom villa at any resort (subject to availability) by October 3, 2009.

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Villas
$112 base price less $5 promotional discount; matching set of Developer's Points to be used within 12 months of purchase; 160-point minimum purchase; points cannot be used until after 9/1/09 due to resort construction

Special Offer: $112 base price; 160 - 219 points; $1000 Gift Card; complimentary 3-night stay in One Bedroom villa at any resort (subject to availability) by October 3, 2009.

Special Offer: $112 base price; 220+ points; $1000 Gift Card; complimentary 5-night stay in One Bedroom villa at any resort (subject to availability) by October 3, 2009.

Hope this helps:goodvibes
If I can help with more information..pm me and let me know. :goodvibes
Also..If you don't know anyone who is a member, pm me and I would be happy to be your referral in anticipation of the next incentive....rumored to use a members name/address for any extra perks.

My husband and I are looking into buying DVC. We don't currently have a referral so if anyone wants to volunteer? :cool2:

Our guide told us 160pts at AKV = $16,640 includes dues for financed period, 160 developer points at SSR.

But nothing about the $1,000 card or the 2008 use year. Hmmmm

He said BLT 160pts with the lower dues would come out to approx the same monthly payment with about $300 more closing costs. Also includes the developer points at SSR. No Gift card on this one either.

Do I have a bad guide? :surfweb:

My husband and I are looking into buying DVC. We don't currently have a referral so if anyone wants to volunteer? :cool2:

Our guide told us 160pts at AKV = $16,640 includes dues for financed period, 160 developer points at SSR.

He said BLT 160pts with the lower dues would come out to approx the same monthly payment with about $300 more closing costs. Also includes the developer points at SSR. No Gift card on this one either.

sent you a PM...........

Please let me know if you need a guide or referral. Our guide is WONDERFUL. He is often on the DCL so he knows about the deals that they are offering as well..

Thanks,,!!!!!

Okay, I need a little help.

A co-worker has expressed an intrest in DVC, and I know how to give him the information, but how do I go through the referral process? Do I have to register him on the DVC website?

Maybe just hand him a piece of paper with our membership number on it??

As you can tell- I'm a bit confused about how to go about referring someone.

TIA.....

Okay, I need a little help.

A co-worker has expressed an intrest in DVC, and I know how to give him the information, but how do I go through the referral process? Do I have to register him on the DVC website?

Maybe just hand him a piece of paper with our membership number on it??

As you can tell- I'm a bit confused about how to go about referring someone.

TIA.....

I would contact your guide or use the DVC website's referal link prior to your co-worker making contact on their own. If the co-worker starts talking to a guide before you make the referal, Disney will not recognize you as being a legitimate referal and will not issue you the gift card.

- Scott

If anyone out there needs a referal for a California based guide, please send me a PM. I have a great guide who I would be more than happy to recommend.

Remember, in order to receive founding member status and get priority for the Grand Californian add-ons, you will need to make your purchase through a California based guide. If you are looking to buy DVC (especially if you plan on buying Grand Californian points when they are offered) send me a PM and I will get my guide's information out to you asap.

Thanks,
Scott

We would be happy to give anyone a referral that needs one. We have been members since 2002 and we Love DVC best choice we ever made.
You can PM me I am on the Dis all the time;).
I took sometime off when we were building our house and just now getting back into being able to Dis, i was going into major withdrawals:laughing:

I would contact your guide or use the DVC website's referal link prior to your co-worker making contact on their own. If the co-worker starts talking to a guide before you make the referal, Disney will not recognize you as being a legitimate referal and will not issue you the gift card.

- Scott

Thanks so much Scott- I'll have to go over to the DVC website and make myself familiar again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter