• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need a little help planning

Prettypinkpoppies

Earning My Ears
We are driving to Orlando from Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, December 29th. We hope to get to the hotel by 1 or 2 pm (getting off a cruise ship that morning). I bought three day, park to park, tickets and we are staying at the Royal Pacific for the unlimited express pass. We have never been to Universal, so I am just wondering if it would be feasible to hop over to Disney to eat breakfast at Boma on December 31 or if we need to focus on rope-dropping with the holiday crowd. We want to make good use of our tickets, but I would love to see the AKL decorated for Christmas. We would love to shut the parks down that evening for New Year's eve, so it is going to be a long day no matter what. Anyone have thoughts on this plan?

If it were me, I would focus on staying at UO and definitely do early entry

It will be a packed day so take advantage of th one hour hotel guests have

Hotel guests are allowed to enter the park one hour before it is open to the general public

Universal and Disney will be packed during your time period

Not sure how weather will be for your stay.

If it turns cold and Volcano Bay is closed due to low temps, check to see if you can switch to the 2 park pass

The traffic will be KILLER. I would not attempt it.
Are you doing the parks on your last day? If not, can you do AK that day?

I agree with the others - I wouldn't try it. Traffic and parking will probably be pretty rough. We didn't visit Universal on NYE, but we did visit New Year's, and it was very busy. I'd concentrate on just making the most of the day at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter