Need a little help-Pizzafari family style

Meka003

Mouseketeer
If anyone has the family style meal there soon can you please report back. My kids really want to go and all the food appeals to them. My problem is I am allergic to cheese/dairy. I have no issue missing out on the salad/app or the dessert but it looks like the baked ziti has cheese melted on it. And of course the pizza too. I emailed special diets which I have never done before because normally they take amazing care of my allergies while I am there. For some reason though she is stating I would have to order the allergy friendly meal there and it’s gluten free pasta and gluten free pizza with dairy free cheese. I’m not gluten free. I was just hoping to have a pasta ordered with no cheese and a pizza with no cheese ( which we do all the time ).

Sorry for the rant I’m just frustrated:(

I guess my question is for the pasta , does it have cheese throughout or just melted on top ? I can peel cheese off pizza too. It’s a mild allergy compared to my shellfish/mushroom allergy.

This is not offered until July 31 so there will not be any first hand experiences yet to report. I suspect because it is counter service it is all pre-made; hence not customizeable and there is only one allergy-friendly alternative for the pizza and pasta. It does say there is a chicken entree too, so that might be better as if there is cheese, it could certainly be picked off of chicken.

The chicken is chicken Alfredo so more cheese. Bummer that every offering has cheese on it. I’ll keep it for now but keep my eyes peeled for reviews and we can always grab a quick service in the park. It’s not a absolute meal but I just saw the price was great and all stuff the kids love.

How weird; the disney blog post said "three entrees, including pasta, chicken, and pizza dishes." Seems nuts to me their would market chicken alfredo as a separate chicken dish when it is actually a pasta dish.

The chicken is chicken Alfredo so more cheese. Bummer that every offering has cheese on it. I’ll keep it for now but keep my eyes peeled for reviews and we can always grab a quick service in the park. It’s not a absolute meal but I just saw the price was great and all stuff the kids love.
Not to ask a stupid question, but how do you know the "chicken" dish is chicken Alfredo? Disney Parks Blog, All Ears, WDW Magic, **** News Today, and TouringPlans all mention the entree dishes will be pasta, chicken and pizza. NONE of them mention that the chicken dish will be chicken Alfredo.

If you click on the Pizzafari Family Style tab in the MDE App it prompts the actual menu. I noticed on the website it does not. It list the menu as

Caesar salad
Caprese

Baked Ziti
Chicken Alfredo
Peperoni Pizza

and
mini cannoli for dessert

Its a cheese lovers paradise which is awesome for the kids and DH but not for me :(

I just think its funny that I keep getting offered a gluten free menu for it...no big deal. I honestly thought it would be a simple fix but even after asking again if I could just get a no cheese pizza, she couldn't answer. She said they will always do their best to try...I wonder if I would still get charged if I'm allergic to everything on the menu ?

I wonder if I would still get charged if I'm allergic to everything on the menu ?

All you care to enjoy Family style? or is it a plated meal?

These are the questions we won't have answers to until July 31. They could do it as a plated, one serving only meal and like BoG, you can order as many or as few as you like. OR they could do it like a true prix fix and charge everyone and make it AYCTE.

If you click on the Pizzafari Family Style tab in the MDE App it prompts the actual menu.
Baked Ziti
Chicken Alfredo
Peperoni Pizza
Thanks for this info. I am not on my phone that much and therefore not on the app that much either. Therefore; I didn't know the app listed the menu out. Thank you.

Thanks for the info. We'll be cancelling our reservation, since DS13 has a dairy allergy. The reservation had a place to note allergies, but it's not worth it since everything has dairy. Maybe we'll just do QS. He's had the dairy free pizza there before.

Thanks for the info. We'll be cancelling our reservation, since DS13 has a dairy allergy. The reservation had a place to note allergies, but it's not worth it since everything has dairy. Maybe we'll just do QS. He's had the dairy free pizza there before.

Here is the response from them ...sounds like you can get dairy free but it’s gluten free too. I’m not a big fan of dairy free cheese and I’m sorry but gluten free pasta and pizza just sounds yucky for someone who doesn’t eat gluten free stuff

Dear Mellisse,

Thank you for your patience while we were researching your request.

The Chefs response from Pizzafari indicated that the below is a designated allergy friendly meal: unless specifically noted or a Guest is allergic to one the ingredients:

Romaine Lettuce w/ Pre-packaged Balsamic Vinaigrette
Sliced Tomatoes with Balsamic Glaze and Basil
Gluten Free Pasta w/ Marinara Sauce & Chopped Parsley
Gluten Free/Dairy Free Pizza
Enjoy Life Dessert Option

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter