Need a little BC reassurance, please

Little E

DIS Veteran
I just booked Beach Club for our 2020 spring break trip. Our family is really excited about this trip, as it will likely be the last one for a bit. DS #1 will be a senior in high school, and DS #2 will be a freshman, and we assume that this spring break might be the last one that aligns, once our oldest goes to college.

We have stayed at a variety of values, mods, and deluxe resorts over the years, and we have enjoyed ALL of our WDW trips. However, this time, we knew we wanted to splurge and stay at a deluxe. When it comes to the deluxes we've experienced as a family, we have stayed at OKW, the Poly, and CR and loved them all. DH and I stayed for a long weekend at GF sans kids in 2016 and fell in LOVE with GF. The dream was always to take a trip with our kids to GF, so when packages came out a couple days ago, I had our TA price out a variety of deluxe resorts for us to compare. Naturally, GF was most expensive. Actually it was shockingly more expensive than CR and BC. Like almost $1500 more. And, there was only a $200 difference between CR and BC. While we tried to figure out ways to make GF work, in the end it just made more sense to book a less expensive deluxe.

As a family we went back and forth about the CR and BC. We love the CR, and had a great experience there. We liked being able to walk or monorail to MK, and we liked being able to monorail to Epcot. The Contempo Cafe is our fav QS, and it just felt SO Disney there. Our garden wing room was quiet and the walk to the pool and main tower were easy peasy.

Each trip we've taken (yearly since 2011) we've tried a new resort. That has been really fun for us to try something new each time, so I think that's ultimately why we chose BC. We've never stayed in the Boardwalk area, and on our last trip in 2017 (we went to Disneyland instead last summer) we explored that area for the very first time when we had a ressie at Beaches and Cream. We liked that area a lot and Stormalong Bay seemed very fun. My boys really like the idea of being able to walk to HS and Epcot, too.

So, I'm finding myself this morning feeling a little sad that we won't be at CR or GF, which seems so weird! We aren't spending as much not going to GF, and can use that $ for other aspects of our trip, and we'll be trying a new-to-us resort which is exciting and fun! So, I guess I'm looking for a little reassurance. For those Dis folks who love the BC, could you please tell me what you love about it, and what we should look for or do while we're staying there? If it helps, we're there for six nights/7days at the end of March/beginning of April, 2020 and we have a garden/wood view with DDP, and park hoppers. I know it will be a magical vacation, but I could sure use your advice about navigating BC.

Thank you so much!

There’s a number of reasons why the Epcot resort area is so great. First off the BC/YC have the best resort pool on property. You have a very easy access to two parks, and direct bus service to the other two. Lots of restaurant options, and fun things happening on the Boardwalk side. Also, the excellent restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin are very close. The decor at the Beach Club is just beautiful. I hope you have a great time!

I don't think there is any other resort as relaxing as the beach club. We like the pool, the convenience, and the calm feeling about the resort. Yacht club and Beach club are basically stuck to each other, just different theming. Try both quick service and restaurants if time lends to that.

We love the BC. We've been working our way through all of the ones we haven't stayed in before this year and it remains one of my favourites. I like the GF but I like BC way more. It's got my favourite pool, great and quick access to Epcot where we spend a lot of time, reasonably quick access to HS, proximity to tons of restaurants between BC, YC, BWI, Epcot, and Swan & Dolphin. I love the theming, and we enjoy spending time in the solarium or out in the garden areas, especially in the early morning (if I'm actually up). GF is really nice but I always feel a bit more relaxed at BC. September we're off to the YC which I hope has the same vibe; at least we'll have the same pool.

Location, Location, Location!

Although you will miss the walk to MK, being able to walk to EPCOT-5 minutes to the World Showcase and about 20 minutes to Hollywood Studios- is incredibly awesome. If your boys are anything like mine (now age 20 and 18), they prefer those parks to MK.

Stormalong Bay has a lot of fun areas- lazy river, a super pool slide and activities like volleyball.

There is no food court , but there are a couple of quick serve places at the resort, which have improved in the past few years. Plus, being steps away from EPCOT and the Boardwalk offers lots of other fantastic dining opportunities.

Come on over to the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread and drink the Koolaid (or as we like to call it "Sunken Treasure") to fuel your excitement! The link is in my signature.

Beach Club Dee

:beach:

Last edited:
I love the Boardwalk area for the convenience of the walk to Epcot. We always get park hoppers, and when we've stayed in that area I would often walk over to Epcot in the evening, after having spent the day elsewhere, just to grab a bite to eat and a drink. The bakery in the France pavilion is my favorite!

Our favorite resort area is the Epcot resorts! It was our best trip yet and feel that it is our “home” resort area. The pool at the beach club is amazing. The fact u can walk to 2 parks and if you want to just hang out there is so much to do at night with just a quick walk over to the BW. You can’t go wrong!

I personally like Contemporary more than Beach Club, not really a huge fan of Beach Club, but we've stayed there the most out of all the deluxes. It has come in the cheapest when we've looked many times and that swayed us in that direction. The walk to two parks is really nice, will help when Star Wars Land is open. I don't like their quick service at all and would walk over to the Boardwalk to get something to eat over there instead. We try to stay there if our focus isn't Magic Kingdom, with older boys I feel like they'll want to spend a lot of time in Hollywood Studios. Every time I'm at an Epcot resort I miss the Magic Kingdom ones, I think I just prefer being over there more.

Oh, my gosh, we love all the Crescent Lake resorts. You will love being able to walk to Epcot for dinner or for a drink while you're watching the fireworks (whatever it will be called at that time!) But, really, with kids that age, being able to walk to HS with the new Star Wars stuff will be amazing. I don't think you're going to regret this. We've been staying at Shades of Green quite a bit lately and, being at the BC in February was just like being home. I'd missed it so much. Enjoy!

I honestly think once you stay at a resort on crescent lake, you will love it. You have easy access to Epcot and DHS. The bus transportation is great to MK and AK. With the ages of your kids, you would be most likely spending more time at Epcot or DHS. I personally love the location.

I think we are mirroring each other’s vacations! 😂 Our kids are all in college..we’ve stayed at CR, Poly, OKW, POR, AkL, and never hit BC/YC. We are booked YC in 7 weeks! We are so excited! I do keep checking availability to save $400-500 downgrading from water view to garden- but, like you said- college schedules are crazy, and my kids are many states away...we loved MK resorts- but the pool is calling us- I even rented the cabana one afternoon- we’ll give you our honest opinion, out of our 12 stays- Poly and Poly Villas were our fave- Contemporary tower was our second fave.

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback so far! It helps to know all the things you love about BC. Thank you so much...you've put my mind at ease.

@lmhall2000 OMIGOSH! With the exception of AKL, we've stayed at all the resorts you've stayed at! Great minds think alike! Please, please report back after your trip. I'll be anxious to hear your honest assessment of BC as it relates to the other deluxes you've experienced. Based on everyone's feedback above, I'm sure we'll love the BC, but it will be nice to hear from another newbie like you, especially with kids roughly the same age. Have a magical time!!

Have a great time! Im doing the same but now my boys are 21 and 19 and in college empty nesters! They just told us they want to go back to WDW once college is out in May! I feel so blessed!

Yacht and Beach club are the best resort on property IMHO. We have stayed in every resort possible over the last 30 years (except values). You can't beat the location.
  1. Walk (or boat) to 2 theme parks
  2. 5 resorts (YC, BC, BW, Swan, Dolphin) and all their amenities within walking distance.
  3. Numbers 1 and 2 have access to 40+ places to eat all in walking distance.
  4. Great pool complex
The entire Epcot resorts area is our favorite, but YC or BC would be #1 on our list over the years for the reason listed above.

We've stayed AoA (twice), CBR, AKL (twice), BC, and Poly
We've not had a bad trip anytime. I would say that I thought that Poly would be my favorite (Tiki Room is one of my favorites, love that food-Dole Whips!), Magic Kingdom is my favorite. However, I would put BC above the Poly for me. (I would rank AKL (just because there is nothing like it), BC, Poly, AoA-suite, CBR)
We found the room very comfortable (even for the 5 of us) and loved the decor. We loved the easy access to Epcot and DHS. So many restaurants around, walking the Boardwalk and seeing those performers at night, the amazing pool...etc., etc.

I only have stayed at Disney World once and I still imagine how wonderful of a time we had at BC. When we planned a trip with the girls, that was the only place I thought to stay. I thik you'll have a wonderful time.

Come on over to the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread and drink the Koolaid (or as we like to call it "Sunken Treasure") to fuel your excitement! The link is in my signature.

Beach Club Dee

:beach:

I’m reading all the BC related threads & info I can find, as I hope to be headed there for spring break as well ... I keep seeing references to the Sunken Treasure .... would you mind sharing what’s in it? Thanks! :)

The location of BC can't be beat for proximity to Epcot and DHS. It's just a couple minutes walk to the IG (there is an exit at the far end of BC on that end), and a 20-minute walk (or boat ride) to the Studios. There were only two things I didn't care for while staying there: The rooms are smaller than those at CR, Poly and GF. And extremely limited counter service options. But those things might not bother you (WS counter service is so close), and you can cross another Disney resort off your list!

You've made a great decision! At BC you will be very close to Star Wars land and the new Disney transportation system - the Skyliner. Your children, at that age, would probably prefer Epcot and HS over MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter