Necessary to pre-buy tickets or not?

susustudios

Earning My Ears
Can't find it on the site, so was wondering if it's necessary to buy tickets to reserve for a day at Universal, or can you buy them at the park on the day?

Id agree with the PP - you dont want to wait in line for the tickets

I agree with PPs. You DO NOT want to wait in the ticket booth lines. They were nuts when we were there in June. Buy your tickets online.

I have to go to the ticket window next week on my first park day to pick up my AP. While I'm there, I will use my AP discount to buy a ticket for DS.

I have to go to the ticket window next week on my first park day to pick up my AP. While I'm there, I will use my AP discount to buy a ticket for DS.
I'm trying to learn more about this for our upcoming trip. I'm considering buying an annual pass, and wondering if I can get a discount on the tickets for my other three family members if I do so?

I think the info was on Universal's website, but it took me a while to find it. I bought a seasonal AP to get a discount on our hotel room. Somewhere in the fine print, it states that there's a 10% discount on multiple day ticket purchases. I'm not sure if the other levels of AP's offer larger discounts or not.

I think the info was on Universal's website, but it took me a while to find it. I bought a seasonal AP to get a discount on our hotel room. Somewhere in the fine print, it states that there's a 10% discount on multiple day ticket purchases. I'm not sure if the other levels of AP's offer larger discounts or not.
Reading the fine print on the passholder benefit page- I did read about the 10% off multi day tickets. My question is what does this mean....
  • 10% off Multi-Day theme park tickets purchased at the front gate (up to six tickets per transaction; not valid on 3-Park Unlimited tickets, Universal Express passes or tickets with Universal Express)
What exactly is tickets with Universal Express? Because we are staying at a hotel that includes the express pass- does that mean our tickets are considered "tickets with Universal Express: so thus we would not get a discount?

No, you are all set using this discount along with your hotel EP. EP is generally a separate purchase, not connected to the tickets per se.

But they do sell tickets including EP, those are what they're excluding I believe. I think those types of tickets are pretty unusual.

Note that the online price you see is cheaper than the gate price, so 10% off gate price could end up being less or more than buying online.

No, you are all set using this discount along with your hotel EP. EP is generally a separate purchase, not connected to the tickets per se.

But they do sell tickets including EP, those are what they're excluding I believe. I think those types of tickets are pretty unusual.

Note that the online price you see is cheaper than the gate price, so 10% off gate price could end up being less or more than buying online.
Thats a really good point! I can find the online price easily, but how do I find what the gate price is? That way I can figure out which way is better!

Gate price is usually bout $20 more than online price. I did the math for my upcoming trip and it’s cheaper to buy at the gate with the AP discount.

Gate price is usually bout $20 more than online price. I did the math for my upcoming trip and it’s cheaper to buy at the gate with the AP discount.
Thanks! Is there a site to check gate prices for different days?

I just checked the dated ticket price online and added the $20 since that’s what the site says I save by purchasing online. I couldn’t find a site that listed the gate price. On Universal’s website the APH discount on multi day tickets is listed at 15% if you have preferred or premier off gate price, 10% off for seasonal or power pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter