Nebulators at first aid stations?

CaribbeanGal

Earning My Ears
I have an 8 year old son who suffers from both asthma and croup. WDW is going to be very tricky for us, because a sudden change in temperature (walking into an air conditioned space after being out in the sun for a while, for example, or being sprayed with water) is an almost sure trigger for a croup attack.

My question is: I always carry his medicines with me, but the nebulator is kind of heavy to carry around; does anyone know if they have nebulators in the first aid stations at WDW parks?

In all the years I've been dealing with his condition, I've only had to take him to the hospital once (when I could not get him under controll with the therapy or the medicines) and what I observed during that hospital visit is that they gave him the same therapy I use at home, but also draw blood samples and put an IV in, which just makes him more uncomfortable and scared, so hospital is the very last resource for us.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me :D

I don't believe they have nebulizers at First Aid, however you can store yours there rather than carry it with you in the parks. That way it will be closer than your hotel room if he needs it.

they will let you keep your neb there but if things like that set him off you might want to get a new smaller machine. Omron makes a nice small battery powered one that is about the size of 2 pop cans. some insureance companies will pay for the neb but not the battery. doesn't hurt to check it out or out of the pocket it is about $300.
any other questions let you friendly DISNEY RT help you

I use my neb (Omran Micro Air NE-U22) while we are in the car to WDW. IF I use it before I get into the parks, I haven't needed to use it, while @ the parks. The park that give me the most concern is AK. It seems to be more humid!

I bought the Omron last year. I had to have a Rx for it & we faxed it to the company. It comes in a green plastic case and it has a mesh pocket which holds 5 ampules of albuteral. It fits nicely into our fanny packs.

I do have to open it for security to check. UNDER NO circumstances should any security touch your medical equipement. One person did & I expressed my concern to a supervisor & he said it is Disney's policy NOT to touch medical equipment as they would/could be liable for replacement.

Last year I ended up in First Aid while @ EPCOT. They asked if I needed an outlet & I told them no.

They put me in a private room & checked on me.

I looked @ other nebs & found this one to be the best. It runs on AA batteries. Be sure to pack extras as they are expensive to replace in the parks.

PM if you have any more ??

Judy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter