Neat Idea borrowed from Fast Pass

goofy4prez

A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!
We just rented a cabin for several days over Memorial Day weekend down in the Smoky Mountains in Pigeon Forge Tenn. Awesome is all I can say.

We ended up spending a day at Dollywood. Very nice little park. Of course it was not WDW, but it still had a down home feel to it and we had a lot of fun. They offered a neat system that I personally liked more than the fast pass. Here you pay $25 for the first person and $5 for each additional person to use a system called Q2Q.

You get a handheld device(only bummer), you enter in your reservations for the shows that day, and then reserve your spot in line for your ride. Once you are quickly scanned at a separate line you enjoy the ride. Once you are done you just enter in your next attraction and off you go. What I liked about it was that you didn't have to run from one end of the park to another to get your Q2Q(fast pass). You entered it in(only one at a time) then went to the attraction.

The park was very busy the day we were there. But the longest we waited for any ride was 10 minutes. For us it was worth the extra $35 for the day. I'm not saying WDW should do something like this, but I'd be willing to pay to do it. I know the fast pass is free(and that is nice), but it was nice not running from one side of the park to the other.

Just thought I'd share on this.

That is interesting. So was it like a buzzer that you get at a restaurant to tell you when your table's ready?

Hmmmmm... $35 a day or FREE... $35 a day or FREE....:scratchin:scratchin

Nope - FREE is still better! ;)

Free is still better.... :)

And, why are you running across the park for fastpass? I collect them as we come by them, and use them later on any time after the return time. No need to run back and forth across the park to use fastpass.

Six Flags in Gurnee, IL does the same thing and I LOVE it. No racing across a park first thing in the AM to do your most wanted ride so you don't miss it cause its too busy later. You can ride the same thing over and over and over if you want. It is more pricey than the Dollywood one, though. I think its going to be $85 for just DH and I this year. But we looooove riding/roller coasters so its worth it to us.

That is interesting. So was it like a buzzer that you get at a restaurant to tell you when your table's ready?

It was not a buzzer. Once you entered the ride that you wanted in the device, it gave you the time that you can enter the Q2Q line. Once they scanned your device in the line you can now enter in your next ride.

Hmmmmm... $35 a day or FREE... $35 a day or FREE....:scratchin:scratchin

Nope - FREE is still better! ;)

I know what you mean about free, I agree about the free thing.However, for me it was time is money. I didn't have to run to a fast pass, get my ticket, then run to the ride I wanted, then hop on the fast pass, and then run to my next fass pass. It saved a whole lot of time and made life easier. If Disney did this I would pay for it in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter