Nearest Subway Sandwich

I'm one of those that never gets a coupon anymore. :( I got the first one for my birthday,but nothing since.

I remember seeing your comment -- and I think someone else mentioned not getting the birthday freebie as well -- and that's what got me wondering if they are starting to cut back on the freebies at EoS! It could be a slow rollout of cutbacks. And then I wondered how they would determine who got the free birthday sandwich offer this year and who would not get it. I assume that, eventually, none of us will receive the birthday freebie. This year was probably my last year for it. Next year it will probably be a "Buy XYZ item and get a free XYZ item." :sad:

I agree that you should definitely try Earl Of Sandwich as it is very good, but if you're cost-conscious, it may be less expensive for you to get a meal at Subway if you want sides and a drink as well.

Honestly, cost was our main factor. We are a family of five and eating out every meal just gets so expensive! We had five 6" sandwiches, five drinks, and five chips for $25 at Subway (with a coupon). Would EOS be close to that?

Honestly, cost was our main factor. We are a family of five and eating out every meal just gets so expensive! We had five 6" sandwiches, five drinks, and five chips for $25 at Subway (with a coupon). Would EOS be close to that?

http://allears.net/dlr/dining/menu/disneyland-earl-of-sandwich/lunch-dinner

There's the menu, it'll give you a good idea of prices. There's no way you can feed 5 at EoS even with a 10% off coupon for that price unless there was some serious sharing going on. Your sandwiches alone are $10 more than your overall Subway cost:

Sandwich - $6.99
Chips - $1.99 (from what I've seen in pictures and reviews online)
Drink - $2.99

That's about $12 per adult meal. A kid's sandwich is $3.99 and looks to be a little bigger than half the size of an adult sandwich, for $3.99. So still $9 per meal. With the 10% off you're still not close.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/06/dining-in-disneyland-review-the-earl-has-finally-arrived/ Here are some photos, including one of a kid's sized sandwich.

I made this post http://www.disboards.com/threads/ho...r-food-and-incidentals.3447207/#post-54415480 and it has lots of info on saving money while eating at DL.

My advice overall for your situation is to take as many of your snacks and drinks in as possible. It's insane how expensive drinks and sides are in DL, they're a huge gouge in your wallet. If your kids have small enough appetites to share, DO IT. Supplement meals with snacks that you bring in, so nobody is so ravenous that they NEED chips or other money-sucks.

A lot of meals in the park are big enough to share. I don't know how old your kids are, but DizMe and I take advantage of the kids meals. Most are only $6.99 and they include a drink. Here's a pic of the kids cheese burger at the Hungry Bear. With fries and apple slices, it was more than enough for lunch. Then you have room to grab a snack later on. One way to save money is to drink water instead of sodas. Every place in the park will give you a free cup of water with your meal. When I order the kids meal, I get a soda and also ask for a cup of water.

z11.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter