Nearest Subway Sandwich

PineapplePrincessCA

Mouseketeer
We are going to DL this week and would like to have lunch at Subway. I plugged in the DL address to find the nearest one. There is a Subway at 1600 S. Disneyland Drive. I'm looking at the map and it looks like it's located IN the park. I've never seen a Subway there, so I don't think that's right.

Does anybody know which Subway is closest to DL and would be the easiest to walk to?

Thanks. :)

It's probably giving you a result for the cast member Subway. Since you won't have access to that, the closest one is on the corner of Harbor and Katella. Exit the park, cross Harbor, go right and walk down towards Katella and you'll see it.

There is a Cast Member Subway backstage? That is pretty awesome! What else do they have back there?!

I found it so helpful to look at my Google Maps and locate potential hotels, restaurants, and other useful places like drug stores. I suggest checking it out, and that way you'll be familier with your options close to the Ramada. I admit I did not notice the Subway! But there is also a Denny's, an IHOP, Tony Romas and maybe more. And even more options out on Katella!

Have fun!

Perfect! Thank you! So that's an close walk? We are at the Ramada Maingate. Sounds like it's close to there, yes?

Oh you're in perfect shape! We just stayed at the Ramada Maingate last month. We had an excellent stay. The Subway is only a few more doors down Harbor. Have fun!

There's a subway about 10-15 minutes walk from the parks it's beside the Castle inn and suites

Why go to Subway when you can go to the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney.....much better and about the same price. YUM

How much is a 6" sandwich here? We went to Subway because I thought it would be cheaper than the parks or Downtown Disney and healthier. But if this place has prices that are just as good, we will definitely consider it for next time. Oh, we had Subway Coupons, too.

How much is a 6" sandwich here? We went to Subway because I thought it would be cheaper than the parks or Downtown Disney and healthier. But if this place has prices that are just as good, we will definitely consider it for next time. Oh, we had Subway Coupons, too.
Their sandwiches are about 6-7 inches for $7. The bread might be a little wider than subway. They're all grilled, so the toppings will be different. They have AAA and AP discounts. They're a better deal than the pre-made sandwiches at Napolini for $9+, but not worth it to me to make a special trip just for a sandwich. If I plan ahead I'd prefer to just bring a footlong from Subway, eat as much as a want, maybe save some, for the convenience factor. But if I'm leaving the park for a sandwich I'll go to Earl of Sandwich just because it's closer and maybe I'll stop somewhere else at DTD.

They also got my order wrong the first few times I went there, but it's getting better. I'm still not a huge fan, but they had a Groupon earlier this year so I went a few times with my friends and have found them more tolerable than I did when they first opened. I have never been to the Subway closest to the resort, I stop on the way to the park. The reviews on Yelp aren't great, and I always figured they probably had resort prices.

Earl of Sandwich is pretty nice. Located nearby, has WiFi, free drink refills.

Skip subway. Earl of sandwich is so worth it. It's like $7 for 7" or so. But it is a very filling 7" sandwich. And the meat etc is much higher quality. I recommend the holiday turkey personally. It is so good, it was a deciding factor to go back to Disneyland so soon. Seriously, worth it on taste alone. Add to it not having to schlep all the way to subway, and the price. Totally smoking deal.

I popped in wondering what several other posters already asked, why Subway when you can have Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney? EoS's sandwiches are of much higher quality and better tasting than anything I've had at Subway. There are excellent sides as well (we love the potato salad and the peppermint brownies during the holidays).

If you're an AAA member, I believe you get a 15% discount if you show your card.

Edited to add: If you sign up for EoS's eClub on their website, they'll send you a coupon for a free sandwich when you join (i believe with an expiration date a month out), and a coupon around a month or so before your birthday for a free sandwich, salad, or wrap. (At least this was still the case last year.)

Last edited:
I personally visited both subway and earl of sandwich on my trip and had no problems with either. I enjoyed my subway sandwich very much, and the two I tried from EoS. I agree that you should definitely try Earl Of Sandwich as it is very good, but if you're cost-conscious, it may be less expensive for you to get a meal at Subway if you want sides and a drink as well. IIRC everything is separate at EoS(sandwich, side, drink), I don't recall seeing a combo price, but if I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me. If that is correct, though, you pay $7 for the sandwich, $3 for a drink and $3 for a side if you want either of those. Subway has a 6 inch, drink and side for $6. Not as high of quality as EoS maybe (potato salad will always be 'better' food than potato chips) but that's up to you, of course!

The subway on Harbor is supposed to be 24 hours also, if that helps you in any way.

There is a Cast Member Subway backstage? That is pretty awesome! What else do they have back there?!
At Disneyland Paris we had McDonald's. Have not worked there in years so not sure if it is still there but loved going there for a bit of "home".

If you're looking to save some money on meals, and like pizza, there's a GREAT place a few doors down, in the opposite direction. We usually stay at the Carousel Inn (across the street from the entrance on Harbor Blvd and to the left). Right next door to the hotel is the PIZZA PRESS. For $10.00 you get a medium size pizza (6 good size slices), with anything you want on it! And they give a 10% discount for annual pass holders too. The pizzas are cooked in one of those moving ovens, like Quiznos uses, so they're ready in about 5 minutes. You can eat there, or take it to go. DizMe and I like to split meals, so for $9.00 (with our AP discount) we're both stuffed with yummy pizza!

Earl of Sandwich doesn't have as many sandwich options as Subway has (at least, not the last time I checked the menu). While the flavor and quality of EoS's sandwiches is better, Subway is actually a better value (and cheaper) for a 6-inch sub, and there are many more choices of toppings and types of sandwiches you can get. Plus... there are often coupons for Subway, as the OP mentioned, whereas Earl of Sandwich is seemingly cutting back on the freebies they send out (not everyone gets a freebie when they sign up or on their birthday anymore -- some folks do and some folks don't). Their other coupons are not frequent either.

Earl of Sandwich doesn't have as many sandwich options as Subway has (at least, not the last time I checked the menu). While the flavor and quality of EoS's sandwiches is better, Subway is actually a better value (and cheaper) for a 6-inch sub, and there are many more choices of toppings and types of sandwiches you can get. Plus... there are often coupons for Subway, as the OP mentioned, whereas Earl of Sandwich is seemingly cutting back on the freebies they send out (not everyone gets a freebie when they sign up or on their birthday anymore -- some folks do and some folks don't). Their other coupons are not frequent either.
I'm one of those that never gets a coupon anymore. :( I got the first one for my birthday,but nothing since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter