near cure found for diabetes

Thank You for this Link :banana: :love: :cheer2: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :yay:

Daughter is Type 1

OMG!!!! My bro was Type 1 (he passed away 4 1/2 years aog from complications), FIL and BIL are Type 2, and my dad works for JDRF.... I have tons of people to share this with!!!

Bumpity Bumpity

Any new info about this?
any other info about other cures?

Thanks for the information.
I am low sugars, mom and her siblings have diabetes as does her cousins.

The original post was a year old - I couldn't find any more info about it than what was covered by the link.

Certainly interesting news but .... I don't think it is the first time some mice have been cured. As my friend with a type 1 son likes to say...."lucky mice!";)

I just took a quick scan of PubMed and there seems to be quite a bit of research following along these lines. It would appear that there just hasn't been anything ready to make newspaper-like headlines again.

I just took a quick scan of PubMed and there seems to be quite a bit of research following along these lines. It would appear that there just hasn't been anything ready to make newspaper-like headlines again.

I'm glad to hear there are many more follow-up studies on this research.:thumbsup2

I guess I should say I have a 5 yr old with type 1 (dx'd when he was 26 months) so it isn't just an academic issue for us.

I'm not diabetic, but I do have asthma and fibro which would both appear to be nerve related disorders. Thus, my interest in the original article and the research. Research along these lines could eventually be helpful to so many with such a range of problems.

This is interesting, but it could be many years before any of this can be applied to humans. THere are also things that work (or seem to work) in mice, but can either not be duplicated in other studies or don't work in humans.
I think the first studies about capsaicin and diabetes were in about 1993, so science does not move real quickly.

I am going to move this to the disABILITIES Community Board since that is the best place for general discussions.

Several years ago researchers at the University of MN found the gene that causes diabetes. Glad to see that others are now closing in on how to maybe prevent it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter