navigator of the seas

rngrblu9

Mouseketeer
hi everyone! can u all give me your opinions on this ship or class of ships for cruising with a family of 4 (2 kids ages 10 & 7)? anything that u think would be important positive or negative..i'd really appreciate it! thanks

I haven't sailed on NoS in years (before the refurb) but we loved the ship! So much to do! We had a hump balcony which was great and felt like we had tons of room.

we are sailing NAV in a month. I'll report back on this BB. We have been on the Freedom class, which is very similar. From past experience:

Freedom class--MDR food is just OK (B-), no daytime outdoor movies (poker and sports) and hard to hear movie screen. We liked the mall area, pizza parlor (not on Navigator), flowrider, putt-putt, climbing wall. Entertainment is decent--ice show and 1 Broadway style show (not on Navigator), other shows were just OK. The mall area is more like an enclosed "street" with café areas with some stores. You have a pub, coffee shop with seating around/outside the areas, not like a mall with store after store. I enjoyed getting coffee/snack and people watching for a while.
Prior to sailing with DCL, we sailed many times on RCCL (older ships) and always had an excellent cruise. We feel food in MDR has slipped some with cost cutting, but other than that, RCCL is still a good cruise and excellent value, IMHO. We are now just spoiled by DCL--esp. great shows, dining, movie theater.
But, we got a great price on the Navigator for spring break--so off we go. We have been very happy with under 12 kids clubs on RCCL. In fact, DS liked it as well or better than DCL. My teens do not do RCCL teens clubs anymore. When booking standard rooms, you have 2 options for kids, sofabed or pulldown beds over yours. We prefer to keep our beds as singles and have a bunk over each. Makes the room more spacious during the day. Sorta like cabin camping with bunk beds at night. If you want more privacy and your kids will sleep together, pick the sofabed option. Some rooms might have divide curtain--but some do not.

we are sailing NAV in a month. I'll report back on this BB. We have been on the Freedom class, which is very similar. From past experience:

Freedom class--MDR food is just OK (B-), no daytime outdoor movies (poker and sports) and hard to hear movie screen. We liked the mall area, pizza parlor (not on Navigator), flowrider, putt-putt, climbing wall. Entertainment is decent--ice show and 1 Broadway style show (not on Navigator), other shows were just OK. The mall area is more like an enclosed "street" with café areas with some stores. You have a pub, coffee shop with seating around/outside the areas, not like a mall with store after store. I enjoyed getting coffee/snack and people watching for a while.
Prior to sailing with DCL, we sailed many times on RCCL (older ships) and always had an excellent cruise. We feel food in MDR has slipped some with cost cutting, but other than that, RCCL is still a good cruise and excellent value, IMHO. We are now just spoiled by DCL--esp. great shows, dining, movie theater.
But, we got a great price on the Navigator for spring break--so off we go. We have been very happy with under 12 kids clubs on RCCL. In fact, DS liked it as well or better than DCL. My teens do not do RCCL teens clubs anymore. When booking standard rooms, you have 2 options for kids, sofabed or pulldown beds over yours. We prefer to keep our beds as singles and have a bunk over each. Makes the room more spacious during the day. Sorta like cabin camping with bunk beds at night. If you want more privacy and your kids will sleep together, pick the sofabed option. Some rooms might have divide curtain--but some do not.

awesome info..thank u!

above is IMHO, and I am fairly picky. RCCL is a good product and can be a very good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter