Navi River at RD or close?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We're going in March -- I'm super excited that I got a FOP FP for 10 am. My original plan was to RD Navi River and then hang around Pandora until FP time (the park opens at 9).

I'm now considering going straight to Kilimanjaro Safari, freeing up a FP, and waiting to do Navi at the end of the night when we return to the park to see Pandora.

Any thoughts? What are the wait times like at rope drop vs. at close? Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

We're going in March -- I'm super excited that I got a FOP FP for 10 am. My original plan was to RD Navi River and then hang around Pandora until FP time (the park opens at 9).

I'm now considering going straight to Kilimanjaro Safari, freeing up a FP, and waiting to do Navi at the end of the night when we return to the park to see Pandora.

That'll work.

There have been several reports of less than 10 minute waits for River Journey close to closing time.

The waits near opening have been reported to be about the same, but that area is much more crowded early due to the large rope drop crowds for FoP.

Is it possible to do RoL and Navi in the evening? I really want to see Pandora in the dark.

Is it possible to do RoL and Navi in the evening? I really want to see Pandora in the dark.

Depends on the overall crowd levels, and the TIMING on that evening, but many have done this.

Just remember that if for some reason you CAN'T, you will have lost any chance to ride Navi (on that day.)

Last edited:

We caught the RoL show this past Friday at 6:30pm, and had plenty of time afterwards to head to Pandora to view it after dark. I didn't specifically look at wait times for both rides, but FoP looked pretty packed, while NRJ didn't look too bad. And since Disney has the policy of "If you are in line a minute before official park closing time, you can ride...", you should be fine jumping into the queue for Navi.

It was about 45 minutes in line for NRJ for us and we got in line earlier on in the last hour (5 or 10 past) but that was Christmas Eve. Probably would be less otherwise, especially as closing time gets closer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter