Naturalist on cruise?

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
We are doing a Mexican Riviera cruise this spring and I was wondering if they would have a naturalist on the ship. I've heard of them having NPS Rangers or similar on the Alaska sailings. Our kids are obsessed with the Junior Ranger program and we love any change they can get to talk to an expert! Thanks

Phew. NOT what I thought when I saw the title. My parents long ago had a friend who preferred to eschew clothing at his home and when my sister and I said nudist he would correct us and say naturalist (fortunately when he visited or when he went to the beach with us he followed OUR family style and wore clothes).

Phew. NOT what I thought when I saw the title. My parents long ago had a friend who preferred to eschew clothing at his home and when my sister and I said nudist he would correct us and say naturalist (fortunately when he visited or when he went to the beach with us he followed OUR family style and wore clothes).
That would be “naturist”.

The answer to your question is 'no'. They tend to have talks on longer cruise (Panama Canal, Transatlantic), and specialty cruises like Alaska. On our 2018 Baltic Sea cruise, I attended talks on amber and matryoshka dolls...but those may have been 'shopping' talks with some interesting info thrown in there.

I thought the exact same thing. :)

Flashbacks to the episode of The Love Boat where there was a (of course) very attractive young woman who eschewed clothing and Gopher and Doc had to try and deal with telling her to cover up.

We once got to hear an Imagineer on a Caribbean cruise but generally, you only see them on the longer cruises. We've had historians giving talks daily on our Med and Baltic cruises.

Same here - was a bit worried that ‘Naturalist’ was lingo for ‘Clothing Optional’..

So, I was just reading the AbD forum about Antarctica, and all I could think about was the "naked" "naturalists" giving the excursions, and how cold it must have been. 🥶

Anyone know if they have any lecturers on Norwegian fjords cruises? The overal vibe should similar to Alaska so why not ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter