Natural Products Expo Cancelled

I read yesterday the mortality rate is less than 1% if you’re under 50, 3.6% if you’re in your sixties and it just goes up from there, with it being almost always fatal if you’re 90 plus.
WHO just updated it from 2% to 3.4% for everyone a few hours ago. Idk how it divides out amongst ages beyond older people are a lot more likely to have serious issues. Maybe those who’ve been in ICUs who have been battling for so long are starting to pass at an accelerated rate 😞

Google just cancelled their big developer conference in May. That’s following cancellations of GDC (Game Developer Conference) and Mobile World Congress. I expect more tech companies to follow suit including Apple in June.
Well those who have future trips they’re holding on to who can rebook hotels should check rates every week wherever they’re going. With conventions cancelling left and right along with anyone traveling with a grandparent or anyone just concerned... could be some crazy deals to be had...

Well it looks like our family might be rescheduling our trip next week. Not because of Coronavirus but because YDD just got diagnosed with influenza. With the nose swab test and all that. I’m waiting for her Tamiflu prescription to get filled now.
Oh no :(

On the worst day so far, 108 people died from COVID-19. On that same day, 440 people died from the flu, 1660 people in the US died from cancer (26,000 died worldwide...), 23,000 die daily from cardiac issues, 5,000 people die daily from diabetes, mesquitos kill over 1,000 people a day, more than 2,000 people commit suicide a day, and snakes kill an average of 137 people a day.

Do we need to take care? Yes. Wash our hands. Use soap. Wash for 30 seconds. Realize other people do not do this.

Don't touch your face.

DON'T WEAR MASKS. Why? It has been shown people who wear masks touch their face more frequently to adjust the mask. It is your HANDS that will transmit the disease to your mouth/nose/eyes.

Oh, and if you are going to Disneyland March 20-23 or Apr 9-14, COVID-19 will be all over Orange County, ignore all the above and stay home. (I want it less crowded for me...)

If they’re over 65 I get their concern!!

But I hope you told them N95 masks do not stop the virus as the particles are smaller than what an N95 can catch so they make their decision with all the information.
They aren't over 65 yet. And yes, we had the conversation about masks, but I think they were thinking something was better than nothing (but @Malcon10t makes a good point above that I'll bring up to them too). I told them we wouldn't be upset if they didn't go. I'd rather them go later, have a good time and not have to stress about it. But we'll see how this all progresses.

I was really surprised that one of my daughters asked me if I was still planning to go to DL in 2 weeks. She asked if I was afraid of coronavirus. I told her, not at DL. A week before I had told her that I wasn't going anywhere on an airplane this summer if it was still around (we were planning on flying somewhere). I just don't want to be on an airplane with anyone coughing. I always avoid coughing people as much as possible anyway. And I hate flying anyway. :P

I’m not so much concerned about getting sick as I am about everything being shut down! Everyday I am hearing about cancellations and I don’t leave till 3/24 - I would hate to fly all the way there and be told Disneyland is closed!
Thats my concern too! We are travelling from New Zealand near end of April and I am concerned we will get all the way over there and by the time we go to Disneyland (main reason for our trip!) it will be closed..

My dad keeps telling me I need to "stop getting my hopes up" about my WDW trip and cruise in November because of all this hype. I just laughed at him. I mean seriously?? My trip is still 8 months away. *insert eye roll here* I also need to go to costco after work for, funny enough, TP and paper towels (not because of all the hype about the virus) and i'm totally dreading this trip to the store. I wish I still had a valid AP and could take advantage of all the hotel deals for this weekend!

I also need to go to costco after work for, funny enough, TP and paper towels
You may want to call before you go.

We went to Costco last night to cash out our Rewards Certificate and the Carmel Mtn (San Diego) Store was out of TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and water. The manager explained to some customers that water had lasted until 1p with everything else gone well before then. No one seemed upset as warnings haven’t been issued for SD.

Last edited:

We went to Costco last night to cash out our Rewards Certificate and the Caramel Mtn (San Diego) Store was out of TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and water. The manager explained to some customers that water had lasted until 1p with everything else gone well before then. No one seemed upset as warnings haven’t been issued for SD.
Thanks for the tip. I'd call, but I need a few other grocery items from Costco also so i'm going either way. People are crazy.

We went to Costco last night to cash out our Rewards Certificate and the Caramel Mtn (San Diego) Store was out of TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and water. The manager explained to some customers that water had lasted until 1p with everything else gone well before then. No one seemed upset as warnings haven’t been issued for SD.

A friend works at the Carlsbad Costco and pretty much same thing there. Empty shelves for TP, disinfectant, rubber gloves, etc. A coworker went last night to their Costco (probably Carmel Mt or Poway) and said they were out of rice and pasta also.

People are crazy.

You got that right!

I just spent way too much time today trying to find hand sanitizers on Amazon, Walmart, Staples or anywhere online. Everyone is out of stock and cannot deliver until next week sometime. My DS28 went to a couple local stores - grocery, drugstores (Walgreens) - here is the photo he sent:

I just spent way too much time today trying to find hand sanitizers on Amazon, Walmart, Staples or anywhere online. Everyone is out of stock and cannot deliver until next week sometime. My DS28 went to a couple local stores - grocery, drugstores (Walgreens) - here is the photo he sent:

View attachment 478740
Same thing for us. My mom and I took a little trip to Target & CVS. The only thing available was the wipes that don't say antibacterial even all the rubbing alcohol was gone. Luckily we have wipes here and have some hand sanitizer so I think we are ok until they come back in stock.

just spent way too much time today trying to find hand sanitizers on Amazon, Walmart, Staples or anywhere online. Everyone is out of stock and cannot deliver until next week sometime. My DS28 went to a couple local stores - grocery, drugstores (Walgreens) - here is the photo he sent:
It’s all gone here as well. I’ve noticed that people are reselling ( marked up prices of course) on the apps like letgo and OfferUp and even Craigslist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter