national parks pass?

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
If we're staying inside a national park,i.e. Grand Canyon,Yosemite,Death Valley,do we need a pass to enter also? or is a 'pass' included in staying overnight? is it better to buy ahead,or wait till we get to the entrance?

You need a pass to enter the park. Buying ahead for one park is not necessary, and might not even be possible. You can buy an annual pass, good for all the NPS sites. That could be a good deal if you plan to go to enough NPs in a year - you'll need to "do the math."

There are passes available for "Seniors" and for people with a disability.

Check into these passes on the NPS website http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm

If you are only going to visit the 3 parks in one year, an Annual National Parks pass will not be worth it. But if you or somone you are with is 62 years old the Senior Pass is an incredible bargain.

While maybe just those 3 parks now, the pass will be good in other parks, forest service areas with entrance fees, national monumement and memorials. Most US federal area with entrance fees.

i've been looking into the $80 annual pass as we are intending doing a lot of national parks this summer. can someone confirm who is included in the pass? ie is is just me, my husband and two children or if we have grandparents/friends with us can they use it as as well? eg if me and my friend went in my car with our 5 kids would we all get in?

thanks

Yes. It provides entry for one entire car that the passholder is riding in.

Hi. Has anyone ever used a tour company in California instead of driving:cool1:

We buy the pass every year because it is good at so many places plus we see it as a donation to the parks of our country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter