• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National Halloween Petition Letter

Pappy Tom

"Love, or the lack of it." ... Mr. Rogers
I was listening to the national nightly news when I heard this come over the air:

A National Halloween Petition Letter is making it's rounds across the U.S., stating that the Halloween holiday should be moved from Oct. 31st to the last Saturday in October, mainly for safety reasons. They had mentioned that there were over 70,000 signatures thus far and that 75,000 are needed to make this a proposed bill that could go in front of the P.O.T.U.S.

While I understand the concerns on the signers' part, I am hoping this doesn't have any effect in any way to Disney's scheduling for MNSSHP. Our vacation we have planned for and paid off revolves around being at MNSSHP on Halloween Night, Thursday Oct. 31st, 2019 (one of two reasons for our trip to WDW). There is no budging on this point for us; our vacation just couldn't and wouldn't happen. Logistically, it would be a nightmare as we have no wiggle room in our scheduling to accommodate this.

Just putting this out there to inform...
Good night, and good luck.

IMO, it's pretty stupid and ridiculous. Who do they think is going to move it? Halloween is not a national holiday, things like this are regulated on a local level. It will always officially be Oct 31. If local communities want to have trick or treating on a Saturday, that is their right. My township always has trick or treating on the 31st from 6-8, so it's not keeping the kiddos up too late. If kids come to my house on a Saturday, they won't get anything! The petition is sponsored by a Halloween costume organization (money)

I would not be concerned about Disney World changing anything

Last edited:
I was listening to the national nightly news when I heard this come over the air:

A National Halloween Petition Letter is making it's rounds across the U.S., stating that the Halloween holiday should be moved from Oct. 31st to the last Saturday in October, mainly for safety reasons. They had mentioned that there were over 70,000 signatures thus far and that 75,000 are needed to make this a proposed bill that could go in front of the P.O.T.U.S.

While I understand the concerns on the signers' part, I am hoping this doesn't have any effect in any way to Disney's scheduling for MNSSHP. Our vacation we have planned for and paid off revolves around being at MNSSHP on Halloween Night, Thursday Oct. 31st, 2019 (one of two reasons for our trip to WDW). There is no budging on this point for us; our vacation just couldn't and wouldn't happen. Logistically, it would be a nightmare as we have no wiggle room in our scheduling to accommodate this.

Oh America - Halloween isn't a federal holiday - in fact, it's celebrated all around the world, including up here in Canada.

Secondly, I doubt this, if passed (it won't) would have any impact on Halloween parties, especially considering they run 36 parties from Aug 16 to Nov 1.

Sorry for all the rabble rousing... I let the current state of affairs in our country get the best of me!
I digress and will return to my burrow. :badpc:

If anything Disney would like to move Halloween to the end of September so they can have 4 quarters full of stuff.:rotfl2:

Quarter 1: refurbish water stuff
Quarter 2: summer
Quarter 3: Halloween
Quarter 4: World Holidays

Just need summer night parties to catch on more.

Dumbest thing ever, so glad this is the most dangerous thing happening in these folks lives .... but .... it's not a National Holiday, it's not a State Holiday ... the best anyone can do is convince their town, township, county or local governing body to "request it" OR put a curfew on Oct 31st and that won't happen.

To those who feel their children aren't safe .... ToT WITH them, restrict them to your neighborhood, take them to a Trunk Treat event, host an event at your house, skip it and go to the movies or leave town.

Halloween will forever remain October 31, All Hallows Eve, the eve before All Saints Day on November 1. However, I COULD see various cities or states pass some kind of nanny state law restricting trick or treating to say, the last Saturday of October. I think it would suck but really what’s to stop them?

If anything Disney would like to move Halloween to the end of September so they can have 4 quarters full of stuff.:rotfl2:

Quarter 1: refurbish water stuff
Quarter 2: summer
Quarter 3: Halloween
Quarter 4: World Holidays

Just need summer night parties to catch on more.

Absolutely. I'm sure Disney would LOVE to have Halloween in late September. That way they could start Mickey's Not So Scary Parties on July 5th, and have Christmas parties from October 1 to December 20.

Well if it isn't the night before All Saints day it isn't Halloween any more.

Well then it wouldn't be Halloween any more.
Absolutely. I'm sure Disney would LOVE to have Halloween in late September. That way they could start Mickey's Not So Scary Parties on July 5th, and have Christmas parties from October 1 to December 20.
Naah. They'd have MNSSHP from July to September, Mickey's Turkey party from September to November, and Mickey's Christmas party. And don't forget Minnie gets her Valentine party starting Jan 2. And Feb 15 starts the Easter Mouse party. After that we get Goofy's all American bash and then we're back to July 5.

This was one of the great things about goingto Catholic school - we always had All Saints Day off!

Technically so did we, but we had to report to school anyway in the morning to go to church with our class. Then we had the rest of the day off.

Halloween will forever remain October 31, All Hallows Eve, the eve before All Saints Day on November 1. However, I COULD see various cities or states pass some kind of nanny state law restricting trick or treating to say, the last Saturday of October. I think it would suck but really what’s to stop them?
I almost posted the exact same thing.
Well if it isn't the night before All Saints day it isn't Halloween any more.

::yes:: I also was about to post the exact same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter