National EA with DC???

Disneydenise

DIS Veteran
I wasn't sure this is where it should be posted but I first got the info here so...I am a DC member and have reserved an intermediate size car with National. I joined the EA as advised here now my question is how do I get a larger car if that is what the DC membership is supposed to get me. I am somewhat confused. Also, do we still have to go to the National desk to get all the paperwork done before we rent our car. I am not really concerned with the size of the car. I am more interested in the time saving for the EA. If we get a bigger vehicle that will be a bonus. Thanks if anyone can answer. Also I am wondering since I reserved on line do they email me a confirm.

Did you make the reservation as an Emerald Club member? If not, then you can't use Emerald Aisle as your reservation currently stands. I would go to National's site and log in under Emerald Club and see what price you get. Put in the Disney Club's contract and coupon codes. If the price is less than your current reservation, go ahead and reserve it and cancel your old one. If the price is more, then I would call National and see if they can manually change your reservation to Emerald Club. Your reservation has to be tied to your Emerald Club # to skip the counter, because all your information (driver's license, credit card, etc.) is on your Emerald Club record. Otherwise, the counter will have to record your information. You should get an e-mail confirmation anytime you make an online reservation. Take a copy with you to prove your quoted price, they tried to charge me $22 more last time and the only proof I had was that printout. Good Luck!:cool:

Denise, EI at Orlando is very large......the idea is you get a "intermediate", but we have always found larger cars or even small SUV,s (last week we got a Dodge Intrepid)...This way you have no hassel at the desk, just take your luggage directly to the National Area just off the baggage claim carousel, out a large door, across a driveway and into the building with 4 rental car companies...signs will direct you to National.....Pick the car you want from the big "Isle Service" rows, load up your luggage, drive to the exit, give the person in the booth your EI card and DL, and a way you go, 10 minute sfrom carousel to highway........tip.....rent a 3 wheel cart for $1.50 by the carousel and take it right to your car, they will come take it back....good luck....remember, with EI you never have to to talk to a National person until you drive out the exit.....that is why it is so slick and easy........Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter