Nassau Carriage Ride

Cassi

Earning My Ears
We're thinking of taking a horsedrawn carriage ride in Nassau, and then spending the rest of the day on the ship. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere for my DH to park his power wheelchair while we're on the carriage ride. How close to the ship can you get a carriage?

Thanks!

Cassi

Hmmm..That is a tough one. It is a small walking distance from the ship to the area where they have the carriages, but i am not sure i would feel so safe leaving the wheelchair there. I cant think of any area where it would be safe.

There were people jumping you from the moment you step off the ship about carriage rides, etc. I agree with bemily about the safety aspect. My husband and I waked around Nassau and didn't feel safe there at all. We had locals (I assume) following us and had to duck into stores numerous times. No, we weren't paranoid either, just observant. We know of several people personally who have had things stolen there and knew to be cautious. Myself, I wouldn't feel safe enough to leave my dad's scooter there(he's got one leg and gets around that way). Use your best judgement.

LMS

Leaving something that valuable unattended, as in any city in the US, is not a good idea. But, how about borrowing a wheelchair from DCL that folds up. This way your father can be pushed that distance from the ship to the carriage ride and then you can fold the wheelchair up and place it onto the carriage. A carriage ride through Nassau is a nice way to spend some time. We enjoyed it!

Have fun!
Tina:bounce:
Magic Western 1/18/03

Hmmm, that sounds like a great idea, to borrow a fold-up one. The only problem is is that DH has to stay reclined, and fold up ones don't recline. I may be able to get DH to kneel on it, if it isn't too far. Or maybe we'll just stay on the ship and enjoy the light crowds!

Thanks for the ideas and help!

Cassi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter