Nashville help please!

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
DH and I are going to Nashville in late March for a couple days (3 nights). Can anyone recommend a great hotel? We would like to be within walking distance of the nightlife, because we will not have a car.

Thanks!

If you really want to splurge, I'd recommend the Hermitage Hotel. I've stayed there twice and really loved it. It is close to the state capitol building and easy walking distance to Broadway. We walked to all of the Honky Tonks and took Ubers if we ventured out anywhere else. Nashville is one of my favorites for a short getaway! Have fun!

In June we stayed at the Westin Nashville Downtown....loved the hotel and it was within walking distance to Broadway and downtown things.

MJ

The Hilton is one block off Broadway - it can be pricey - I was there for business but an excellent hotel

I love the Omni, heard great about the Westin too. Just I ask this, are you wanting to be near construction or away from it

If you really want to splurge, I'd recommend the Hermitage Hotel. I've stayed there twice and really loved it. It is close to the state capitol building and easy walking distance to Broadway. We walked to all of the Honky Tonks and took Ubers if we ventured out anywhere else. Nashville is one of my favorites for a short getaway! Have fun!

Hermitage is the winner.

If you happen to have Hyatt points, Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown is also really nice and in a great location, about half the price of the Hermitage if you want to pay cash.

I was just in Nashville a few days ago for the first time. We swung in on route to home to check it out. The Gaylord sits next to the current Grand Ole Opry, however it is in a HUGE mall parking lot if you can believe that.

We did not have time to swing downtown to see the old Grand Ole Opry (one used in the movies) and any of the downtown stuff.

All I can say is people are friendly and we had a good time.

We were in Nashville this past February, and stayed at the Doubletree on 4th Street. Only a 4-block walk to Broadway, and if you don't want to do the valet parking at the hotel there is a garage right across the street. The only thing I didn't like was that breakfast wasn't included in the rate, but our room (corner suite) was lovely.

I was just in Nashville a few days ago for the first time. We swung in on route to home to check it out. The Gaylord sits next to the current Grand Ole Opry, however it is in a HUGE mall parking lot if you can believe that.

We did not have time to swing downtown to see the old Grand Ole Opry (one used in the movies) and any of the downtown stuff.

All I can say is people are friendly and we had a good time.
As long time Nashvillians we will be forever outraged that the Gaylord Corporation turned the Opryland theme park into a huge discount mall. I have read reports that they finally realized that was a big mistake. I think that moved a lot of the tourist activity down town and away from their beautiful hotel.

Last edited:
As a long time Nashvillians we will be forever outraged that the Gaylord Corporation turned the Opryland theme park into a huge discount mall. I have read reports that they finally realized that was a big mistake. I think that moved a lot of the tourist activity down town and away from their beautiful hotel.

Ah ha. It was surprising to say the least. I had "Grand Ole Opry" on Google Maps and we were like it is taking us to a MALL? Was NOT expecting THAT!

I will admit we were winging it coming back from WASH DC and I did zero planning. I mean zero. Bummed that I did not go downtown but it was going to storm so we took off for home.

I go downtown (live right across the river, and I'm often in the Gulch) pretty much just for the Ryman. Was there on Sunday. I've never been to a honky tonk...as a native.

All the hotel recs here are great. Also, look at the Sheraton. A long time restaurant on Broadway is Merchants. Nashville has a booming food scene outside of 2/Broadway, which is pretty terrible for foodies. If you're interested in those restaurant recs, let me know! I'm happy to talk real Nashville at length! A ton of them are an easy/quick Uber and would give you a taste of the actual city.

I hope you get to see more of Nashville than just that tiny bit. Its an amazing, vibrant city, but its not Nashville. Ya know? Like Times Square isn't NYC. Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful time! It's a great city going through a renaissance! Also, let me know if you want more interesting music venues outside of Broadway, there are tons!

Also, OP, when you say nightlife, are you talking country music poop, or nightlife in general? If not country music, 5 Points, in my 'hood, is perfect; also, fantastic food from very cheap, and the most aunthentic hot chicken in town, to fancy pants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter