Nascar Cafe

pcstang

Always Universal Orlando bound!
Just read it is being rebranded...I enjoyed most of the food there.:confused3

We were just there in August (for the first time) and really enjoyed it.

It was very quiet in there, though. Definitely no where near what I would call "busy".

What is it being rebranded into?

Universal's facebook page said that it will be open until November 1st but didn't say what it will be when it is done with the revamping. Hmm..

The name changed from NASCAR Cafe to NASCAR Sports Grille,but that was years ago,is it changing again?

Universal's facebook page said that it will be open until November 1st but didn't say what it will be when it is done with the revamping. Hmm..

Yep, that's where I saw there report. I did notice the cars have not been out front this year. Kinda wondered what was going on.

After fifteen years of highly successful operation, and as part of our ongoing commitment to bring new experiences to Universal CityWalk, NASCAR Sports Grille will close its doors November 1st. We are creating a great concept for this space to join all the other exciting, new venues we’ve been opening at CityWalk and will announce it soon.

Meanwhile, NASCAR Sports Grill will remain open for lunch and dinner through November 1st.

Sounds to me like they are becoming something completely different.

The previous rumors were that it would mostly just be retimed into an NBC Sports eatery. Similar to ESPN Club at the Boardwalk and the previous Fox Sports bar and grille that used to be an MCO (that has since been just converted over to a generic sports restaurant.)

Hearing they will announce the plans pretty shortly. Once Cowfish opens Phase II of CityWalk will be completed and it will be on to Phase III...

Glad it's closing. I never had any interest in going into a Nascar branded restaurant, so maybe the new theme will be something I can get into.

It was always easy to grab a seat to eat or catch whatever playoff game we wanted to see with the table TV. Not thrilled it's closing unless another reasonably priced sports bar will replace. NBA bar too small n noisy imo

We love Nascar!!!!

We ate here 3 times last month.........was always busy which we take to be a good sign, and food is fantastic. Pulled pork was better than Bubbalous or Smokey Bones :)

Will be sorry to see it change.......I would prefer they get rid of Bubba Gumps which was truly awful any time we tried it.

Wow this really stinks. Had it in our plans already for December. I'm a huge NASCAR fan and went here as a kid and wanted to go back. Oh well :(

Whats next to get the axe-Margaritaville??

These are the staples I remember having a great meal and time @ CW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter