Narrator Candlelight processional discussion

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
Just to point out that Josh Gad is not the first Jewish person to narrate the candlelight processional. In the past there have been others. (Robby Benson, Marly Matlin) etc. And other narrators of other religions have represented as well. (Ming na wen is buddhist) He will be great, not strange for me at all, we are there to uplift each other. He will be professional and bring his talents to inspire others in the audience I'm sure.

Is the 'Christmas Story' and the music/singing the same for each narrator?

Also I would like to add to the podcasters as well another comment to the statement of saying someone is "very openly Jewish". I have never heard of that term before, it was a bit "strange" . We don't call ourselves openly or closed or publicly Jewish. Sometimes we say practicing Jew for example, I've heard of the term cultural Jew vs. religious Jew but I have never heard the term "very openly Jewish" in my life. And thanks Erika R. podcaster for voicing an alternate perspective.

Also I would like to add to the podcasters as well another comment to the statement of saying someone is "very openly Jewish". I have never heard of that term before, it was a bit "strange" . We don't call ourselves openly or closed or publicly Jewish. Sometimes we say practicing Jew for example, I've heard of the term cultural Jew vs. religious Jew but I have never heard the term "very openly Jewish" in my life. And thanks Erika R. podcaster for voicing an alternate perspective.
“Openly Jewish” refers to the way they talk about / promote their faith. So for example Josh Gad posts things on Instagram referring to being Jewish, he’ll bring it up in interviews without being asked about it… compare that with say a Paul Rudd who is also Jewish, but never mentions it. He just cracks on in silence. That’s what they were talking about.

“Openly Jewish” refers to the way they talk about / promote their faith. So for example Josh Gad posts things on Instagram referring to being Jewish, he’ll bring it up in interviews without being asked about it… compare that with say a Paul Rudd who is also Jewish, but never mentions it. He just cracks on in silence. That’s what they were talking about.
Thank you for a kind reply. I have never heard of this. The connotation with that term means Paul Rudd would be a closeted Jew because he doesn't put thing in the media about religion. Which is ridiculous. Such a shame you are now identified as a person if you post things or not. Paul Rudd (using him as an example) may be the most observant Jew in all the land but because he doesn't announce this on his media he is deemed as hiding it so to speak. And hiding is then considered a negative connotation. sad how we live today and label people.
It wouldn't matter in any case the 'type of jew' deemed by social media navigators he is, he is Jewish, he has a job and will do it with grace of course and he will enjoy it I'm sure too because he loves the disney community of all faiths and diversities.
Thank you for your feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter