• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoossee's or Citrios ???

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
Wifey and I will be spending the New Year at Disney. Our 36th anniversary is Jan 2. I think we have narrowed our dinner choice to Narcoossee's or Citrios. We are using the Dining plan and have 2 dinner seatings (each) set aside for this meal. Nothing on the face of things makes one stand out more than the other.

I'd like to consider myself a WDW savvy guy, but we've never eaten dinner a one of the signature restaurants.

Your thoughts and comments will be helpful.

PS...we have NYE reservations at 9 Dragons followed by fireworks at EPCOT.

Have eaten at both - I prefer Narcoossee's Sunday Brunch much more than dinner, so I would choose Citricos. :cutie:

We had awful food and service at Narcoossee's, and excellent service and food at Citricos, so I would go with Citricos.

We love Citricos. Narcoosees was just ok the last 2 times we were there.
Ditto. Narcoossee's was so "just OK" the last 2 times we went that we have taken it off our list. Conversely, when judging only the food coming out of the kitchen (leaving location, theming, view, etc. out of the equation), Citricos is our #1 choice for Disney-owned restaurants. (Caveat: Haven't been to Flying Fish since it re-opened).

Of the two, I would pick Citrico's. We've had two bad experiences at Narcoosee's. Quite frankly, I would pick something else entirely as Citrico's is pretty lackluster, IMHO, but if I had to pick one, it would be Citrico's.

We've had good experiences at both, but I think I would give Citricos a slight edge.

The worst experience I've had at any WDW restaurant was at Citricos. Horrible service (server begrudgingly took our order then ignored us for the rest of the evening) and pretty mediocre food. Narcoosee's on the other hand, has always been excellent on both counts.

I vote for Narcoossee's.

Steve

Of the two, I would pick Citrico's. We've had two bad experiences at Narcoosee's. Quite frankly, I would pick something else entirely as Citrico's is pretty lackluster, IMHO, but if I had to pick one, it would be Citrico's.
I feel the same way. Of all the signature dining restaurants that we have eaten at, Citricos was our least favourite. Not that it was horrible, just not as good as the others... lackluster is a great way to describe it.

Citrico's would be my first pick. I enjoy both, but Citrico's is always my go to.

Citrico's is our current #1 dining spot at WDW. We ate at Narcoossee's a couple of time but it was decades ago. I think for an anniversary Citrico's has a nice touch of elegance. :earsboy:

Narcoosee's is my favorite. Citrico's does have more of a formal setting if you are looking for that type of feel for your anniversary. In all honesty, you can't go wrong with either one.

Narcoosees is more casual feeling on the interior, but has such a wonderful view of the MK fireworks.

Citricos theoretically is more upscale and elegant on the inside, but when we ate there, we were surrounded by people in workout type clothing, so I'm not sure it really ends up feeling any nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter