• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoossee's or California Grill?

Love both places but Narcoosses just doesn't do it for us we like California Grill a lot better

"Disasters" are usually due to unrealistic expectations

No, not in our case. I have had only one other meal (in 100s of Disney meals over 15 years) that approached the awfulness of Narcoossee's last time. It used to be a favorite and we will return eventually, but not until there is a new chef.

In any case, to dismiss other guest experiences with such generalizations is actually the unrealistic thing in this thread.

Thank you all for your advice. Cali Grill it is and we'll work with the timing of the fireworks at 9pm on Thursday. It was all your help and the fact that when I actually saw the reservation available, I audibly gasped with excitement! So, I think it may provide the evening that I'm hoping for for my husband to appreciate dinner at Disney. Now prayers to the food gods that the food is good!! :littleangel:

California Grill would be my choice. We didn't really like Narcoosee's.

I'd ask for a table in the room on the SE side of the restaurant with the view of Epcot fireworks in the distance (since you're reservation is around 9p-time of Illuminations). When we went to CG, they didn't seat any kids in that room (it was couples only), and it was cool to see the fireworks (far away keep in mind). This is an unpopular request, as most people want to grab a seat with a view of the MK. You can see the MK from the observation deck before and after your meal.

Narcoossee's!! We have always had great meals and service.

Ate at both last year. CG was incredibly disappointing! The sushi was like grocery store sushi. We are big and experienced sushi eaters. It wasn't awful but it was only average at best and compared to a good sushi place it would rank as awful. The scallops were rubbery and the steak again only average. They do have a large wine list. The firework view is nice but my teenagers who love high end restaurants and food asked me NOT to book CG this year!

Both are great restaurants... However, I would choose Narcoosee's everyday over CG. Have a great time and whichever you choose, it will be great!!!

Cali Grill on Thursday, May 3 was wonderful.

The day definitely didn't turn out as originally planned however. Our flight was delayed 5 1/2 hours due to rain storms. So our late morning arrival turned out to be more like 4pm and then on to the ME to ASM. By the time I got our group checked in and settled and we changed our clothes, it was a 7:30pm ride to the MK. I dragged my DH down Main Street using the photopass people and did a walk around of the castle and then back down Main Street to take the monorail to the Contemporary. We arrived at 8:45pm for our 8:50pm ADR and was taken immediately up the elevator. We had a small wait in the bar area before a cast member came to seat us. We were led to the far back corner of the restaurant, at which point I told the cast member that we'd wait for a table on the other side. Fireworks were going to start anyway, so we didn't mind waiting. We ordered 2 sidecars from the bar (very good) and headed out on to the observation deck. It was a beautiful night! Back in the restaurant we were once again led to a table in that same far corner....no, we'll wait. The restaurant was not crowded on the MK side, so, not sure what the problem was, but a short seat at the bar and we were finally led to a table that was on the right side. 2 more sidecars, beet salad, short rib appetizer, filet and grouper for entrees, gluten free bread and regular bread and we were stuffed. DELICIOUS food, tasty drinks, wonderful service, and a beautiful view and my lost afternoon at MK faded away. DH was impressed with the food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter