Narcoosees

Olaf Myfrenzargay

Mouseketeer
Don’t hear that much about this place. Is it good seafood and is the “dress code” onerous For dinner? I.e. a typical dad Disney tee, nice shorts and boat sneakers?
Thats what I wore to Topolinos last year and they didn’t care.

IME the dress codes are rarely enforced. As long as you aren’t wearing a swimsuit (and maybe a hat?) you’ll be fine. As far as the restaurant goes, the atmosphere is nice. Great view of the the electric water pageant. If fireworks come back those are a huge plus! However I’ve never been particularly impressed with the food. We went ad recently as November when they reopened. The lobster bisque was nice. My salad was meh. I honestly can’t remember what I’ve had for entrees there which says they didn’t really stand out to me. I’d probably go back if it was convenient, but it wouldn’t make a trip to that resort if it wasn’t a monorail ride (or I was staying at GF). If I had to drive or Uber I’d rather go elsewhere.

Last edited:
We love Narcoossee’s, it’s a must do every year. Food and service is always excellent. As far as dress code, they do not enforce it, but it’s a signature restaurant, so I’d suggest to pack a collared shirt/button down. I, personally, love dressing up for dinner there, but not everyone does.

Last edited:

When we ate at Narcoossee's about 5 years ago we dressed up a bit (I wore shorts and a polo shirt) but they don't enforce the dress code as far as I could tell. In any event, I think what you propose would be fine. I thought the atmosphere was very nice (had an early dinner)--great view and not too crowded. I enjoyed the food, but it's been a long time and the menu has changed a lot. For instance, when we ate there you still had the true surf and turf option of a filet and lobster tail on the dining plan.

Like most signature dining, they do not enforce the dress code. You'll see people in very casual attire and no one says a peep. However, we always like to dress up a bit for a nice dinner. I love the location of the restaurant, being right on the water and meandering through the grounds of the Grand Floridian to get there, makes it feel like a special experience. There are great views from the dining room and the atmosphere tends to be relaxed and quite nice. However, we've never been overly impressed with the food, it's just been OK for us. We also had pretty crummy service the last time we went, so we're not in a rush to go back. Which is unfortunate because I do think the location/atmosphere of the restaurant are one of the best on property. I'm sure we'll give it another try one of these days.

You should be fine wearing what you mentioned. My husband wore slacks and a polo shirt.

We went to Narcoosie's last month thinking it would be just OK and then loved it. Their lobster bisque was one of the best I've ever had and my mom loved her crab cakes. It wound up being one of our trip highlights. We also liked the almond cheesecake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter