Napa Rose Princess Breakfast vs Storytellers Cafe

Cloe Colton

Registered
Im interested in doing a breakfast / brunch at the Grand Californian on my trip. Is the Princess Breakfast really cool? Or is it not really worth the price tag?

TIA!

I’ve never done story tellers but I loved the princess breakfast at Napa rose. I get a lot of the complaints with the price. It is expensive, but I honestly think those were the best interactions I’ve had. Also the service was great.

If you have kids, I would make sure they are able to interact and participate. It’s an interactive experience. Also it’s long (over 2 hours), so if they can’t handle it, I wouldn’t take them. Or bring a phone or tablet to occupy them.

I’ve never done story tellers but I loved the princess breakfast at Napa rose. I get a lot of the complaints with the price. It is expensive, but I honestly think those were the best interactions I’ve had. Also the service was great.

If you have kids, I would make sure they are able to interact and participate. It’s an interactive experience. Also it’s long (over 2 hours), so if they can’t handle it, I wouldn’t take them. Or bring a phone or tablet to occupy them.

It would actually just be my husband and I! We enjoy Cinderellas Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom just not sure if it would be worth it as adults but I have heard really good things about the interactions!

It would actually just be my husband and I! We enjoy Cinderellas Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom just not sure if it would be worth it as adults but I have heard really good things about the interactions!
I went with my best friend opening weekend. We are both adults (26) and enjoyed it. I felt like the princesses spent the same time as us as they did with parties with kids in them.

Never been to the Napa Rose one, but love Storyteller's.

We go early departure day and it is very sparsely occupied. The characters visited several times and stayed long each time.
We are going again (4th time) in Nov

Ive done surfs up, , goofys kitchen previous years. Did minnies in the park and storytellers our last trip and definately storytellers was our favourite overall.

Minnie and mickey came by so much we eventually got bored of them lol. Food is better as well.

The Princess Breakfast is VERY cool! We loved it. Really beautifully presented food, and yummy too. Lots of princess interaction if you're in to that.

I’ve read through all the old forums on the Princess Breakfast at the Grand Californian and was hoping to hear from anyone who has gone more recently. All the reviews I’ve read are mainly from opening week.

Our next trip is in December and this is something I’d love to do. My son is actually interested too (!!) but mainly just to get those missing character autographs he doesn’t have. 😂 And to be a good son and let mom have her princess fun. He is worried about being embarrassed by being the ‘only boy’- does it seem like you see boys there too? Or at least a nice variety of groups aside from little girls?

Have they worked out all the kinks? The first month it seemed like people are having issues with either princess interactions, timing, etc.

Some of the items that come assembled to your table have meat on them- I assume they can accommodate us pesky vegetarians?

It says the time goes until noon but the experience lasts two hours. So I wonder what the latest reservation of the day would be? Could we book to for 11am to give us some park time in the morning? Would a later time effect the experience? I’ve noticed when we’ve done that at Plaza Inn for the Minnie breakfast it has. Last time they didn’t have a table big enough for our party of six and we had to sit at two separate tables... (even with a ressie) and the time before all the characters were leaving while we were barely getting seated. Not a big deal for that breakfast but for this price tag I’d expect more.

Any update on the souvenirs? Still the case that only kids get the necklace? I’m not a drinker and would much prefer that over champagne.

I’m still mulling over if I wanna splurge. It’d be great if they’d do a holiday themed one then I’d be all over this!

I’ll comment since no one has yet. I went opening weekend too, so my experience isn’t as recent.

Food: I’m sure they can accommodate you being a vegetarian. My friend I went with doesn’t eat pork. She got a separate plate with non pork on it, plus the items that didn’t have pork. And they gave us the big tower thing with 2 of each items. So we got more food.

How old is your son? I remember one family with a little boy (about 3). They still get the autograph books, pen, and instead of a necklace they a shield (can’t remember if there was a sword too). If your son is able to interact with the princesses I think he should be fine. On Instagram, the blogger dapper on the daily has 2 sons and she dressed them as princes and brought them. It was adorable!!!

A good portion of the people were obviously families with girls in princess dresses. BUT I saw many adult-only parties. There were no kids with us and we never felt out of place. They are great with incorporating everyone.

Interested in hearing experiences also - and just to clarify, b/c this is at Napa Rose no park ticket required? If we do this I'd rather do it on a non-park day.

Interested in hearing experiences also - and just to clarify, b/c this is at Napa Rose no park ticket required? If we do this I'd rather do it on a non-park day.
No park ticket, and if you are driving, you get 5 hours of validation at the grand hotel for parking

How old is your son?

He’s nine but he’d still be excited about a shield/sword. I think he’s just worried about being the only boy in the room haha!

Thanks for the information! It’s good to know we can get modifications for any meat items.

I did it in May. It was fine, but for the price, I was very surprised how many details were less than stellar (no complimentary drink offered, waited over 10 minutes for coffee creamer after asking three people, had to go hunt down someone to let us leave for Mulan’s last storytime set - daughter was dressed like Mulan and Mulan had told her, “I’ll see you later!” when she walked by, but that wouldn’t have happened if I’d waited for someone to get us like they said they would - this was quite awhile after the bill was paid, the server gave super awkward tip “instructions,” I could go on!) Also, after the first week or so, they dropped to 4-5 princesses per visit rather than the 7 that all the bloggers met in the opening days! There was also a LOT of downtime - I don’t mind a long experience, but I hadn’t anticipated entertaining two six-year-olds for 15-20 minute stretches at several points.

It’s definitely special and the princess interactions are exceptionally good. My daughter enjoyed it, and since we did it in lieu of a birthday party, the cost was a lot easier to swallow. But for that price, it should be a lot closer to flawless.

I heard from some CMs that it may be cancelled due to low interest, FYI.

He’s nine but he’d still be excited about a shield/sword. I think he’s just worried about being the only boy in the room haha!

Thanks for the information! It’s good to know we can get modifications for any meat items.
I mean he might be the only boy in the room lol. But if he can interact it should be ok.

I did it in May. It was fine, but for the price, I was very surprised how many details were less than stellar (no complimentary drink offered, waited over 10 minutes for coffee creamer after asking three people, had to go hunt down someone to let us leave for Mulan’s last storytime set - daughter was dressed like Mulan and Mulan had told her, “I’ll see you later!” when she walked by, but that wouldn’t have happened if I’d waited for someone to get us like they said they would - this was quite awhile after the bill was paid, the server gave super awkward tip “instructions,” I could go on!) Also, after the first week or so, they dropped to 4-5 princesses per visit rather than the 7 that all the bloggers met in the opening days! There was also a LOT of downtime - I don’t mind a long experience, but I hadn’t anticipated entertaining two six-year-olds for 15-20 minute stretches at several points.

It’s definitely special and the princess interactions are exceptionally good. My daughter enjoyed it, and since we did it in lieu of a birthday party, the cost was a lot easier to swallow. But for that price, it should be a lot closer to flawless.

Not shocked if it gets cancelled. I met 7 princesses but I wonder if they decreased them due to low reservations? If they do, I hope they bring another princess dining option back!

Not too surprising- that’s a big cost which makes it pretty ‘one and done’ for many people I’d imagine. If we do it, it’d be the first and last time haha. We repeat Minnie’s character dining every visit usually- this isn’t one of those repeatable experiences... well, not for most...

For what this will cost for me and my kiddo I could put that towards a new Disney Dooney instead... but it does look fun! I also have so much princess nostalgia- I’d really be happy with a simple princess dining like they used to have.

IMO there is no excuse for the price they're charging unless they offered something more than what I've read about. I don't think the majority of people want this kind of upscale princess meal; we're talking about a venue aimed at kids! The previous princess dining experiences were wonderful. My girls grew up going to Ariel's Grotto and meeting the princesses every year, with a price that was doable and food they enjoyed. DH and I also enjoyed it because the girls were so delighted. With 3 princesses in our household, it would've been a budget buster to do something this pricey for so little return. They're teens now and one of them actually works in Disney entertainment so luckily I don't have to worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter