Naomi Judd

Oh no, she was just on the CMT award show a couple weeks ago, singing with Wynona. 😢

Prayers and good thoughts go out to the family.

I thought I just saw her recently on TV/with her daughter singing? She looked great. Of course, looks are/can be deceiving. Sad to hear this. She did seem like a genuine, sweet lady. May she Rest in Peace.

The way the statement was wording I fear it was suicide. Mental health really needs to not be stigmatized so that people are more open to getting treatment. I struggle with depression and it took years for me to finally talk to it doctor about medication.
I thought the same thing when I read it was mental illness.

I was really torn by the daughter’s statement that they lost their mom to mental illness. So sad. My thoughts are with the family.
Yeah, she and Wynonna had just announced they were going back out of tour in September, first time in 10 years, so I don't think she was sick or that they were in any way prepared for this.

After I heard I looked and did find this ...

Naomi wrote a book called “River of Time: My Descent into Depression and How I Emerged with Hope” in 2016, and explained that she went public with her diagnosis — which was eventually was treated with drugs and electroshock therapy — because she wanted people to know mental illness is “not a character flaw, it’s a stinking disease.”

Sorry to hear this. I am not a huge country music fan but I do like it from time to time. I loved the song "Why Not Me." Such a talented family. RIP.

The way the statement was wording I fear it was suicide. Mental health really needs to not be stigmatized so that people are more open to getting treatment. I struggle with depression and it took years for me to finally talk to it doctor about medication.
I thought the same.

Yes,it has been a brutal few months with the loss of the 3 Female College Athletes,the devastating loss in our own Disney Community and now Naomi.

Even though I did not know any of them personally,it is still devastating news as a fellow Human Being.

Brutal news each time,just BRUTAL.

I am so happy you reached out and got help!

I remember when they first came on the scene. I thought she was just lovely. Condolences to her family and those who loved her.

Having struggled for most of my life with Depression and anxiety, this makes me so sad. You can have everything and still feel like nothing. I remember vividly when I had my suicidal incident; the feeling of being surrounded by darkness and wanting to just sink into it forever to escape the feelings of complete failure and worthlessness is a powerful pull. I am lucky to be alive today. As we see time and time again, people can look and behave perfectly normally-but be gone suddenly by their own hand. It leaves their loved ones forever wondering what they could have done. The scary answer is probably nothing if you don't know their history. Jeez, even if you *do* know their history it's almost impossible. I wish I had an answer. There is none.

Having struggled for most of my life with Depression and anxiety, this makes me so sad. You can have everything and still feel like nothing. I remember vividly when I had my suicidal incident; the feeling of being surrounded by darkness and wanting to just sink into it forever to escape the feelings of complete failure and worthlessness is a powerful pull. I am lucky to be alive today. As we see time and time again, people can look and behave perfectly normally-but be gone suddenly by their own hand. It leaves their loved ones forever wondering what they could have done. The scary answer is probably nothing if you don't know their history. Jeez, even if you *do* know their history it's almost impossible. I wish I had an answer. There is none.
I can completely relate to this and agree in every aspect. People who don't suffer just do not understand the struggle and the weight depression can have.

I was excited to see their tour announcement not to long ago so I was shocked to read the news of her passing yesterday.... so sad. :guilty:

A true legend. During her CMT concert. She looked lost and not like herself. She will be greatly missed.
I watched the performance for the first time last night and thought the same thing.

She looked "uncomfortable" I guess is the best word I can use.

She was to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame today and it just makes one wonder if the TV performance,the upcoming induction and the upcoming Tour were just "too much" for her to "cope" with at this point in her life.

But there can always be "what ifs" and "whys"-doesn't help with the sadness.

By the way the Family has asked that the Induction Ceremony still be held and Wynonna is planning to be there.(out of respect,the Red Carpet event is cancelled.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter