Names on Magic Bands

MommaJage

Earning My Ears
What happens with these names aside from being printed on the band and box? Will Cast Members see the name, etc?

I'm trying to decide if I should use something "funny" for our upcoming trip since my first set just include our actual names.

Thanks!!

When you scan the band, a name appears on the screen for the CM...i THINK this is the name that you added to the band...I can't say for certain since we used the same names attached to our MDE accounts.

When you scan the band, a name appears on the screen for the CM...i THINK this is the name that you added to the band...I can't say for certain since we used the same names attached to our MDE accounts.

Actually, I think the name they see is the name on the MDE account. We used different names on two of our bands on our last trip, but nobody ever saw those names except us. CMs did mention my parents by name once or twice, though. (They had different names on their bands, but their real names on the MDE account.)

No they see the ones attached to your accounts. I know the ride CMs see your 'real' names because a few have let me look at the screens

We've never used our actual names on the bands - in January we are "Citizen" (Dh who just became American - he was English), "Badger" (I'm in Hufflepuff!) and FoxArtemis (a name DD liked from an online game). In May we're "R2-D2", "Ahsoka" and "Yoda" so lots of fun can be had with the names inside the bands.

No they see the ones attached to your accounts. I know the ride CMs see your 'real' names because a few have let me look at the screens

We've never used our actual names on the bands - in January we are "Citizen" (Dh who just became American - he was English), "Badger" (I'm in Hufflepuff!) and FoxArtemis (a name DD liked from an online game). In May we're "R2-D2", "Ahsoka" and "Yoda" so lots of fun can be had with the names inside the bands.

Maybe it's different at the resorts, we were checking in last week, with our bands. When we were done, I asked the CM to check to make sure all of the bands were working properly (we had a problem last fall, couldn't use the bands to charge items at DTD, until GS called back & had the resort update something on their screen) any way; when she scanned each band, she said OK which of you is "Daddy-O"?? Just a bit embarrassed. Can't wait to they see my new "name" when we check this Sunday.

But if you want to put a funny or different name on the Magic Bands, why would you be embarrassed if someone called you that? It's a name that means something to you.

Although it freaked me out the first time a Cast Member called me by name after I scanned my MagicBand. RFID chips can be so powerful to us silly humans :)

The bands store no information. They are simply a retrieval device that pulls information from Disney's servers. The name printed is for your pleasure/enjoyment only. Cast members only see the name that is on MDE associated with that band.

The next time you scan your band for FP+ take a quick glance at the little screen intended for CM use. You will see it states the name on your MDE account, no matter what is written on your physical band.

How do you get the names put on your magic bands? I was going to order ours from the Disney Store online.

Only MagicBands that are issued as part of an onsite resort stay can be customized and have your name imprinted on the underside of the band. It helps in making sure each person has their correct MB.

Only MagicBands that are issued as part of an onsite resort stay can be customized and have your name imprinted on the underside of the band. It helps in making sure each person has their correct MB.

and it helps if you lose it - DH lost his band on one trip- they found it at POFQ and left a message in our room. When DH went down to claim it (they had transported it to our resort - very impressive) they asked him what name was on the inside before they gave it to him (I think that trip he was Han Solo :cool1: )

I'm trying to decide if I should use something "funny" for our upcoming trip since my first set just include our actual names.

Thanks!!

Like you, I wanted to have a band with a funny name for DS9. Since WDW is so generous with bands and they seem to arrive in the mail for us all the time (split stays, new stays, etc) what I did was customize a set that I knew we wouldn't actually be using. The expression on his face when I handed him a band that said "TootyBomb" was priceless.

Check your MDE account - if it already shows active bands and you are getting more, customize the new ones any way you want because you don't have to use those.

Is it possible to customize them with numbers? I was thinking it would be extremely convenient to print my cell phone number on the inside of our kids bands in case they get lost.

Like you, I wanted to have a band with a funny name for DS9. Since WDW is so generous with bands and they seem to arrive in the mail for us all the time (split stays, new stays, etc) what I did was customize a set that I knew we wouldn't actually be using. The expression on his face when I handed him a band that said "TootyBomb" was priceless.

Check your MDE account - if it already shows active bands and you are getting more, customize the new ones any way you want because you don't have to use those.

now that is funny! We have 5 sets of bands with another 2 sets to arrive before our May trip - none of them say "TootyBomb" :rotfl2: but none of them have our actual names on them. We've had a lot of fun coming up with 'names' for the bands. While we enjoy that I really do think Disney should reign it in and stop sending bands to folks who already have multiple sets.

Is it possible to customize them with numbers? I was thinking it would be extremely convenient to print my cell phone number on the inside of our kids bands in case they get lost.

I believe it's 9 spaces total (TootyBomb = 9) so that's one short of a complete cell number. You could write your number using a gold or silver Sharpie as the underside of the band is dark gray.

I wish I had thought of the funny names earlier - we have about 10 bands each at this point all with our real, boring names on them! We have a new set arriving soon and my son is obsessed with Ben 10 at the moment, so he has a green one coming (to look like an "omnitrix") and he will, I'm sure, be slapping it and turning into aliens all over the parks. If a CM actually calls him Ben 10, he will be so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter