Name Your Biggest Holiday Weakness!

I do the impulse buying all the time

Candles.....I also buy them when on sale.....so many! Been doing it for over 20 years. All the cupboards in my laundry room are full of candles and accessories. I have 3 large ones out now....gingerbread, Mistletoe and Home Sweet Home and 7 tea light holders out. It would be more if the grand kids were older....now they have to be up high

Candles.....I also buy them when on sale.....so many! Been doing it for over 20 years. All the cupboards in my laundry room are full of candles and accessories. I have 3 large ones out now....gingerbread, Mistletoe and Home Sweet Home and 7 tea light holders out. It would be more if the grand kids were older....now they have to be up high
Thank you for posting this! I have an entire kitchen cabinet, every shelf, filled with candles plus major overflow in storage bins. Right now I have two different Yankee ones going (a berry and a sugar cookie) plus a Christmas tree type scent. There are never enough candles! My husband makes fun of my candle illness, but at least it isn't jewelry.

Stocking stuffers for my kid. I actually bought a 2nd stocking for him this year because what I already purchased won't all fit into one... :blush:
Also for my kid, holiday experiences. We have numerous events that we want to attend, but there truly isn't enough time. I have serious FOMO and I keep telling myself that there's always next year (as they are annual events).
Holiday coffees and cocoas.
Cheesecake.

...chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose...yeah I'm a sucker not only for the song but the entire tableau it creates in my mind.

Oh I am right there with you! Only my "carols at the spinet" vision of Christmas never quite pans out.

We don't have a fireplace so every year I build one out of the empty Amazon boxes.

Just before the holidays I buy way too much unhealthy food from a Dutch store in Holland Michigan. I just adore and can't stay out of the chocolate, cheese, cookies and the "gevulde speculaas" in particular. I'm planning my order right now in fact. :tongue:

Holiday candles! I ordered 11 when Bath and Body Works finally put their new holiday scents on their website! Problem is I use an electric burner instead of actually lighting them so I pretty much have every candle I have bought in the past 15 years, so I really look like I have a candle hoarding mental illness. I just cannot pass up 10 different versions of sugar cookie scents

How about taking a paring knife, vegetable peeler or cheese grater and cut/shave down smaller chunk sizes that will melt in the electric burner?

Definitely the bolded is my weakness especially now with grand kids in the picture!! :santa:

Was it you, Nancy, who started the Yankee candle exchange here on the dis so many years ago?

I don't think I started it, but I think I was in every one and took over organizing and do so for years.
I remember when we had over 100 people in it....of course postage was lower then and the exchanges were very popular.
I think I remember sending to you, Dan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter