Name the new ship

SoleilLoca

planning our next Disney adventure down to the sma
If Disney does develop a new ship, what do you think it should be named?

I vote for Disney Dreams....I called DCL a few weeks back and I mentioned the new ship and name. The CM said that Dreams was the most popular name she heard, followed by Fantasia..

I also like the Disney Star

Originally posted by Lloyd Dobler
Disney I'll Believe It When I See It

I detect a note of skepticism in that reply - or is it the entire song!!

LOL

Originally posted by Lloyd Dobler
Disney I'll Believe It When I See It

Although we may not know when a new ship will be built, you surely cannot believe that Disney will never expand the fleet! :rolleyes:

I think Disney will attempt to find a name that has never been used for a cruise ship before. I know that Imagination is the name of a cruise ship in the Carnival line.

How about two new ships.

Disney Princess and Disney Villian

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
Although we may not know when a new ship will be built, you surely cannot believe that Disney will never expand the fleet
Sometimes I feel that way...., but no, I do believe they will order a new ship. I've been hearing about it for three years now, from ship's officers down to table servers, so yes, I am skeptical. If pressed, I'd say there will be a new ship in service sometime during 2006.

While I love the show Disney Dreams, I feel like it would be a way too cheesy name for the ship...not really going with the Wonder and Magic theme...IMHO.

I like Imagination, Fantasy, and Inspiration

Here's a few:

Disney Adventure
Disney Treasure
Disney Fantasmic
Disney Beauty

Dr. P-- We must think alike! I was also picturing the "Disney Beauty" and "Disney Adventure"! It's so exciting to think about the possibility of another ship! But the big question, folks...

Where should it go? Which destinations did you vote for on your final-cruise-day survey? I would like to see it alternate between a 10 Day Alaska and a 10 Day Hawaii! Then, of course, I'd like to do both of them as soon as possible!

I would like to cruise to Alaska on the Disney Hidden Mickey!

My official vote is for Disney Dream (singular)

But my comical vote is for Disney Shock (that feeling you get when you see the prices)

Do you think that they will actually listen to us when naming the new ship??

I could never see them using Disney Princess, since an entire cruise line is named Princess. I personally would love to sail on a villians themed ship, but that would be too much to ask for. Could you imagine if all of the artwork and characters were villians? Little kids would be scared out of their minds! I remember when we were at the Alladin Breakfast and some little kid literally tossed his cereal when he saw Jafar. For a 32 year old dad the villians are cool, but for a 3 year old, they could be a bit scary.

Scott

Originally posted by Scott5150
My official vote is for Disney Dream (singular)
There's already a cruise ship called the Norwegian Dream, operated by NCL.

Along the same lines, Carnival operates ships with "Disneyish" names, including the Fantasy, Imagination, and Holiday. And RCCL has the Adventure of the Seas and the Enchantment of the Seas. So I doubt Disney would want to use the names Fantasy, Imagination, Holiday, Adventure, or Enchantment — or any other name where the main word is already in the name of another mainstream cruise ship that operates from US ports.

I'm not saying that there would be a legal reason the DCL could not have a Disney Dream or a Disney Enchantment. It's just that I think that DCL will want a name that doesn't cause confusion, especially because most people don't spell out a ship's long name when speaking or writing. How often do people on this board write Magic rather than Disney Magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter