• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name on your Magic Band

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
What are you allowed to put on your magic band? are you just allowed alpha numeric characters? can you put special characters like °O° on your band

Typically abbreviate mos/year n initials. Try to keep track of each of them. I have a desser drawer Filled with them in duplicate colors. It’s insane and I keep saying I’m going to ditch them and eactivate but never seem to get to it.

It's on the back so not like anyone but you sees it.

We just do our real names, only to keep track ... but date is a good idea given how many we have.
Anyone know is this is the name they use on attractions, like It’s a Small World? We always use our first names so I don’t know if the names they post come from our band names or our reservation.

Anyone know is this is the name they use on attractions, like It’s a Small World? We always use our first names so I don’t know if the names they post come from our band names or our reservation.

From your reservation. Cause my Magic Bands are Mr. Incredible, Tigger, and Poohlicious. And my real name shows up everywhere.

Typically abbreviate mos/year n initials. Try to keep track of each of them. I have a desser drawer Filled with them in duplicate colors. It’s insane and I keep saying I’m going to ditch them and eactivate but never seem to get to it.

This is a good idea. The only problem I have is that you're limited to 9 characters and it's not even enough for the name I put on it (variations of DrearyFroggy) so I'm not sure how I'd do that and the year. Maybe I'll just have to give up using funny names and do the mth/yr/initials.

We always use our first names so I don’t know if the names they post come from our band names or our reservation.

Reservation. The name on the band is strictly for that - just to distinguish yours from others' bands if you have the same colour. Never used to be a problem for us but we'll be there four times this year plus last December and I can no longer do the "your colours" and "my colours" thing we've been doing until now.

My daughter has a name that people ALWAYS mispronounce. Is there a way to phonetically spell it? Or just correct everybody that comes along?

My daughter has a name that people ALWAYS mispronounce. Is there a way to phonetically spell it? Or just correct everybody that comes along?
Are you asking about the Magic Band? Or just in general?

When you order the bands, you spell the name or what ever you want up to 9 characters. No one sees the name as it is on the inside of the band. Not many people wear their bands inside out, if that is even possible.

It is the name that comes up on Small World. We noticed this last time we were there. We also noticed that visitors seemed to get Home language greetings on the exit signs. Presumably they recognise overseas tickets.

Thanks to this thread, I put everybody's name and year we went (2019) on our magic bands... being shipped in 7 days!

Are you asking about the Magic Band? Or just in general?

I didn't know if it was something that cast members had a RFID reader that popped up the names so they sounded like they knew everybody... I put the correct spelling inside the band, knowing nobody is gonna see it. I just didn't know if there was anywhere else that someone would look at the name and try to pronounce based on what they think it is.

At my college graduation, they handed out index cards and we phonetically spelled names that they read out so nobody would have to have it corrected by the person on the mic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter