name a difference between your Christmas this year compared to last year?

About the same for us! Spend it with our children, remaining parents, our siblings and nieces and nephews.
Lots of family time.

I usually look forward to Christmas. This year I don’t even want to go. The uncle I disowned (misogynistic / chauvinistic jerk) along with my (now I know) backstabbing aunt and (just learned) drama-creating grandma—started drama about my mom that’s not true. Uncle called my dad and actually pulled the “you need to get a handle on your woman” line. Dad doesn’t like confrontation and then just rolls over and goes along when someone offers even the crappiest of apologies. Mom and I do not what to go to Christmas Eve yet dad is all “suck it up IT’S CHRISTMAS! God bless us everyone one”

Well us 2 Grinchy Scrooges say BAH HUMBUG
Not sure if this is an UPDATE or just a vent…

I realized yesterday that to bring to Christmas Eve, I was making the main dish of carne guisada, my mom was making rice and my dad beans.

Between my aunt, uncle, 30 year old cousin, 27 year old cousin, the 27 year-old’s girlfriend and my grandma, they were bringing…tortillas.

They “forgot” the tortillas—but my aunt DID bring a Subway sandwich for the girlfriend.

My uncle never said so much as hi or merry Christmas to us.

Usually my aunt, mom and I sit at the bar table and everyone else at the dining table. Everyone else sat at the dining table so my mom and I looked standoffish.

Oh well, it’s over and we have 2 weeks of relaxing ahead of us

This year I am cooking for lunch/dinner. I am making seafood (shrimp/crabmeat) gumbo with fresh made (via a bread maker) pepper-dill bread.

Last year, we went to my in-laws as we usually do. This year, they were gifted tickets to a football game, so we are hosting BIL and his family. It's also the first year DS15 has a GF, she will be joining us in the afternoon.

Last year I believe it was 5 degrees on Christmas and I had not 1 but TWO veterinary emergencies with the horses that necessitated emerhency vet visits and me being out in the barn with them all evening.

This year it is 60 degrees and everyone is (so far) a-okay.

We also had no help last Christmas and this year we do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter