• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name a band that transcends beyond merely "liking them"

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
For me it's Zero 7. I was introduced to them whilst I worked at Bang and Olufsen and my taste in music has gone beyond likes and dislikes now and forever more. Words cannot describe how much I adore this band.

Try: Destiny, Give It Away, Home and Somersault :)

the-beatles-60s.gif

Queen. I loved many of their songs since childhood, but didn’t know anything about them until Bohemiam Rhapsody (movie) came out. I was intrigued by the movie and have since been somewhat obsessed learning about the band and each of the guys, as has my teenage daughter. I’ve since created several playlists with a huge variety of their songs and still can’t get enough of them.

As much as I love Brian and Roger, I just can’t get behind Queen + Adam Lambert. It’s not the same without Freddie and John.

Duran Duran. (although their performance at the Queen’s jubilee was tough to watch … hard to follow Andrea Bochelli.)

I’ve followed them since 1984. Rio is still my favorite, followed by 2005’s Astronaut. Was very happy they finally are going in RNR HOF. 40 years and still creating new music, much deserved in my eyes.

Probably Bowie and Tom Waits.

Duran Duran. (although their performance at the Queen’s jubilee was tough to watch … hard to follow Andrea Bochelli.)

I’ve followed them since 1984. Rio is still my favorite, followed by 2005’s Astronaut. Was very happy they finally are going in RNR HOF. 40 years and still creating new music, much deserved in my eyes.
Ok guess what, Fly Girl? I thought I knew a good deal of DD songs, but I got schooled. Someone recently recommended me one of their songs from the Rio album which I never heard, and I loved it: "The Chauffeur".

Foo Fighters

I wish I lived closer to LA or London to go to the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concerts in September. I hope that the band figures out a way to keep making new music and touring as they heal from their great loss. After 26 years, the band has dug a deep hole into my soul.

Voivod. French Canadian prog-metal band. Their 1989 album Nothingface still blows me away every time I listen to it. Great musicianship and lyrics. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure. Amazing

I was born in 1970 and Duran Duran was one of the first bands I was really into. I still play songs from Rio when I am alone in my car.

As an adult I really love Pearl Jam.

I was born in 1970 and Duran Duran was one of the first bands I was really into. I still play songs from Rio when I am alone in my car.

As an adult I really love Pearl Jam.
I just introduced my DS and his friend to Pearl Jam a few weeks ago. DS's friend is Jeremy and he had no idea they had a song named Jeremy.

Emerson Lake & Palmer.
I was a pop/rock/top 40 listener until a friend lent me an EL&P album. Changed how I listened to music. Also introduced me to classical, as they had recorded their own versions of some pieces.
Still enjoy them to this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter